Best extension suppliers, let's clear up the confusion

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone likes sjk hair suppliers then?

Everyone likes sjk hair suppliers then?

My favourite . You'll never get a company everyone likes . Takes one bad batch , or bad after care from a client and then people will dislike it .

Hi everyone,

This is my first ever post! :)

I am a brand spanking new hair extension technician! yey! :)

I have been looking for weeks for the perfect hair than I can offer my clients at an affordable price, needless to say I was baffled at all the recommendations and reviews.

I was looking at gghairextensions, pauls-hair-world and foxy hair. Each of these managed to put me off in some way. They either didnt have enough length range, colour range or they were always out of stock!

I have some strands of foxy hair for testing and they show signs of breakage about 6inches down the hair shaft (NOT COOL)

I am really thankful for salongeek's posts as I have now come across halo and lush us. Halo is a bit pricey for the area in which I live as my clients are all students. I really LOVE the look of lush us and I think I am just going to bite the bullet and order some strands and a colour ring! I am fitting a girl next week with a full head of this hair so I will re-post and let you know how it goes!! Excited :)

This quick, easy answer post really helped by the way so thanks :)

Pixie Hair

Whats remmy hair like? My friends having 150 micro loops put in next week with it. £120!!
Ive never used it and don't do micro loop only bonds but surely the hairs crappy at that price?? Xx

^ It's kind of worrying that you don't know what remy hair is considering most hair extension technicians only recommend using 100% remy human hair.

It is cuticle correct and carefully processed hair to ensure all strands are the correct way up, the way they would naturally grow.

If you fit non remy hair and brush it, you are doing the same effect as back combing hair extensions which is a big fat NO!

Hope this helps, but yeah I would probably recommend you re-do your training

Just finished my course with studio58, was very impressed! I would def recommend them! X

Just finished my course with studio58, was very impressed! I would def recommend them! X

Great to hear as I am training with them next week

Great to hear as I am training with them next week

I second this im training with them 4th march! :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

hey everyone great thread just what i was looking for when i signed up on here its very useful and i'll definitely be investigating some of the suppliers mentioned on here

Ive tried a few different companies thats been mentioned but my favorite is SJK . The aaa is good for customers who wont spend much,(thins towards the ends though but its a budget hair) luxury is gorgeous for those willing to pay a little more and there new range crystal quartz is the nicest hair ive ever fitted. double drawn too. Tasha jacks have disappointed me recently.

keep the opinions coming :)

'Con Hair' Agree on Tasha Jacks, their quality isn't the same as it used to be :( I only ever stick to Sjk now as I cant complain about anything with them and its just too hard to find another reliable supplier, So now if somethings not in stock my clients just have to wait (previously would have used a 2nd supplier) but not now, Id rather just have them wait even if i am losing out on money, as I can't lose my reputation, the hair im using needs to be of a high standard!

In my opinion You can't compare SJK hair extensions with tasha jacks at all its not in the same league. Tasha jacks hair s amazing and I been using it for years

I've just got the price list for the Tasha Jacks hair extension :eek: the price is stupidly expensive !! So no wonder why they can't be compared to any others.i don't think many people would pay that amount of money for their hair done ( well I'm saying about people I know ) so I definitely can't be using them as supplier... I've been looking at SJKs website and I didn't like the actual website ( it looked boring ) but I found their Facebook page and loved it! I want to see more comments about them as I heard they r bad with stocking :-/

Well the reason their prices are much higher is the fact that the likes of SJK and others are not at all in the same league. I have many customers who request European and Russian hair and you cant get good quality hair from the normal websites. What hairplanet states is russian or glamorous lengths states is russian range is most definitely not russian hair. It is Indian hair treated to have the structure of Russian hair. But for those who have worked with genuine Russian hair know the difference.

Due to lower supply the prices have to be higher and also this hair is superior. It will easily last over a year when clients have taken care of it. So therefor there will be clients who pay more as they recognise that they get what they pay for and wll save money down the line by investing in great quality hair.

www.theextensionist.com

Hi there, I am new here and need a quick answer please. Does anyone know if the blonde hair from Michael Ratajczak can be colored? Some client tried to color and the hair went patchy with horizontal strips. I colored my self and from light platinum blonde went black in just 5 minutes. Supposed to go medium brown. Some other client is asking me again now and don't know what to answer. XX :sad:

Last edited:
Well the reason their prices are much higher is the fact that the likes of SJK and others are not at all in the same league. I have many customers who request European and Russian hair and you cant get good quality hair from the normal websites. What hairplanet states is russian or glamorous lengths states is russian range is most definitely not russian hair. It is Indian hair treated to have the structure of Russian hair. But for those who have worked with genuine Russian hair know the difference.

Due to lower supply the prices have to be higher and also this hair is superior. It will easily last over a year when clients have taken care of it. So therefor there will be clients who pay more as they recognise that they get what they pay for and wll save money down the line by investing in great quality hair.

www.theextensionist.com

What about hairport? I am fitting European hair next week on my model and the hair is costing £xxx for 20" xx

Last edited by a moderator:
You can only colour virgin hair

You can only colour virgin hair

Balmain leave 3 of their shades unsealed so you can colour them but colour only stays on half of the development time x

www.theextensionist.com

I agree with everything you have said, I love tasha jacks hair.

Ive had a sample from a place called dazzling hair extensions they have a new diamante remy range ive washed it couple times and straightened it so far so good!! The lady is very helpful aswell and she offers a 10% discount if u sign up. Going to try the extensions in my hair in the next couple of weeks as ive got planet hair dip dye atm and ita awful!!! X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Guys what do you think about HairPort by Valentine ???? It looks so tempting ! They have all sorts of hair , could u sAy anything about them ? Please

I received a sample & they were great. I have just placed an order for two full sets of European... Can't wait til they arrive :)! Hope they are as good as they say they are!xx

Did you get a sample of Indian Remy hair ? It says on there that it's pretty close to European and it's cheaper so wondered how good is it ? Let us know what Europeans like when it arrives x;)

Yeah I received an Indian and virgin Indian and they were both nice the virgin obv being much nicer so I'm hoping true to form that the European is even nicer than the virgin :) hope they don't let me down as I've told both clients the hair should last approx a year with the correct aftercare and maintenance, and I've taken full payment ( as they're models for me ) and booked them for the next two weeks so if they go wrong I will panic!!xx

Guys what do you think about HairPort by Valentine ???? It looks so tempting ! They have all sorts of hair , could u sAy anything about them ? Please

I've ordered twice in 2 weeks & both times I've had to cancel appointments due to hair not arriving in time, one batch was a week late. Hair was ok but really dissapointed with them, service is good though x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back