Best films of the 80's?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loved Superman and Superman 2....early 80s,and wanted to be so much like Margot Kidder who played Lois Lane:lol:

Loved Hunger,with Susan Sarandon and Catherine Deneuve as lesbian vampires,with David Bowie in between:eek:

Loved Betty Blue,a french fil set in the Langue d'Oc......the beach houses,the sun,oh the memories:)

Loved 9 to 5,Dolly Parton,Lilly Tomlin and Jane Fonda showed revenge on macho chauvinism boss!:green:

Loved Tootsie,with Dustin Hoffman and Jessica Lange.He was an out of work actor posed as a woman on a soap....:confused:....Steven Bishop wrote a wonderful song"it might be you",which i will forever remember,believing in love as
always:Kissing:

Loved Scrooged with Bill Murray,as a modern day scrooge,and Karen Allen...he was her "lumpy"...LOL:lol:,oh and incidentally she was in the first ever episode of Knots Landing as sid and Karens step daughter,and she was Harrison Fords love in Raiders of the lost ark...oh i know i should be knowing much more important things:smack::lol:

LovedFame...Leroy was a genius,and i used to fancy the curly haired guy like mad who played the key board:eek::eek:

Loved Mannequin...EVERY boy fantisised at Kim Catrall i think,she hasnt aged a bit!

Loved Wierd Science....Kelly Le Brock,just rocked!

Loved Gremlins....always like to watch that at christmas!

Loved Vacation with Chevy Chase....it always cracks me up when they put thier dead aunt on the roof car:eek::lol:

LovedTroop Beverly Hills...shelley Long was so funny,being a mother living in Beverley Hills,but trying to have a goal in life and some aim,

Loved....oh i better stop,i could go on forever....i might just dig out an 80s film....:green:

Was just thinking about ET! My daughter said to me tonight, 'You were going to call me Elliot if I was a boy.' So I said , 'Elllliiiiiot' in my best ET voice... which of course she didn't understand at all :lol:

Cocoon - how sad was that?

Short circuit. (Number 5 alive)

Top Gun and cocktail (oh yes!! when Tom was worth a one)

Soul Man (where my love for C.Thomas Howell became & The Hitcher) hes rank now!!

License to Drive

Big

Poltergiest (I absolutely loved this - strange kid I was)

Tron

Orca the killer whale (sad too)

Police Academy

3 Men and a baby (the one with the ghostly figure behind the curtains - does anyone remember that??)

The karate Kid 1 & 2 (cant believe he was about 21 in that!!)

Ice castles (fab)

Annie - its a hard knock life

A letter to Breznev (margie Clark)

The entity

I could go on and on too. I miss the 80's sometimes.

my gosh there are so many

but i like Annie and so does my daughter

Eeee What a blast from the past most of these film are.. Im glad someone else mentioned .A letter to Breznev (margie Clark) coz when ive talked about this film, no one has heard of it, So i was beginning to thing it was a frigment of my imagination!! So im glad thats sorted.
And 'The entity' how scary was that!! i read the book on holiday & i kept getting stared at.. OK so i like a good scary read on holiday, i cant be done with 'Mills & boon'!!
But talking about soopy films, my all time favorate is 'Somewhere in time' with Christopher Reed & Jane Seymore, I dont know if it qualifies as a 80's film, but i bawld & bawled at this film i felt like somone was sat on my chest when it finished!!
Oh and just to chuck another mushy one in the mix 'The Thorn birds'... need i say more..
See Ya
CAZ X

Dirty Dancing.
I am going to see the musical and I have heard it's amazing.
I know the movie is corny now, but I just adored it.

I really liked the so called brat pack films Breakfast club, St Elmos fire, Pretty in Pink.Loved the music they played in them and just the way in which they were filmed, all a bit simpler than today.

Oh flip i have a few..Dirty dancing/Back to the Future/ET/Radier of the Lost Ark/Who framed Roger Rabbit/Goonies/ Nightmare on Elm Street and i thing Weird Science was in the 8o's - quality film xxx :hug:

Footloose
Princess Bride
Uncle Buck
Ferris Buellers Day Off

I can watch them over and over without ever getting sick of them.

Nightmare On Elm Street,friend Of Mine Used To Always Put It On Regularly...and Then I Had To Walk Home After Down An Alley When It Was Gettingdark...scarey I Was Frightened Of Bumpin In To Freddy Crooger!!!

Hi caz aka foundations I remember 'somewhere in time' and yes its very sad - when he finds the coin in his pocket and is transported back to the present- leaving Jayne Seymour in past.

Then he eventually dies of a broken heart. ahhhhh.

I also thought of Airplane 1 & 2.

The creep show.

What about the mini series North & south with Patrick Swazye (I know its not a cinema film but it was still 80's)

I can't belive how many films have come up that I had completely forgotten about, Cocoon, short circuit Ilike that film, Big! that's a gooden, there's sooo many.

Oooh Poltergeist (didn't the girl in that die young?), that really scared me but then I probably shouldn't have been watching it lol.

Cant believe I forgot about

First Blood and Rambo

and Predator

Yes in Poltergiest - there was talk of the film being 'cursed' . The cute little girl 'Carol Ann' died at the age of 12 and the sister was murdered.

Think its all just coincidental.

Latest posts

Back