Best films of the 80's?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JessieBee

Reaction score
This is just a silly question that has absolutely nothing to do with anything lol

What do you think was the best film of the 80's?

My little years were in the 80's so therefore all the sorts of films I watched were all the fantasy ones that were around at the time.

My ultimate favourites are:
1. The Goonies
2. Labrynth
3. The Never Ending Story

However, I absolutely LOVE The Lost Boys (I watched that when I was a bit older as I was a bit too young to watch a film about vampires), that film is just brilliant!

There are so many more i.e Legend, Time Bandits, Return to Oz with the wheelie men, they were scarey :Scared:

Kids films just aren't what they used to be :sad:

well in the 80's I was aged between 10 - 19....

and I love films...

my favourite is Rita, Sue and Bob too... that was 1986...

I also love any of the dancing ones...Fame...Footloose...Stayin' Alive and all that...

1985 was Back to The Future and Desparately Seeking Susan...

oh there are so many I will be here all day...

The 80s was the best year for everything!!!!But do you know what i cant remember many films...music yeh!!mmm , yes i remember Never ending story with David Bowie,and the lyrics sung by limalh,i remember seeing Ghost Busters at the cinema...thats gonna be bugging me now,im gonna be racking me brains now for the rest of the afternoon.!!:) Films from the 80s ???Help someone else!!:rolleyes:

well in the 80's I was aged between 10 - 19....

and I love films...

my favourite is Rita, Sue and Bob too... that was 1986...

I also love any of the dancing ones...Fame...Footloose...Stayin' Alive and all that...

1985 was Back to The Future and Desparately Seeking Susan...

oh there are so many I will be here all day...

Oh yes Rita Bob n Sue too,i defo remember dat one it was on not so long ago,still creases me up.................:lol:

Rocky Iv ...oh Yes I Was There At D Cinema On A Weekly Basis To See Dolph Lundgren In Action,its All Coming Back Now, Was Top Gun Around At That Time Too??

I loved rita sue and bob too - you bet ya boots I do!!

What about Gremlins?

I liked Splash and Supergirl and the Disney Fox and the Hound (boo hoo)

Weird Science was a classic too.

Porkeys (not for the kids).

E.T was the classic 80's film.

Terminator.

This is just a silly question that has absolutely nothing to do with anything lol

What do you think was the best film of the 80's?

My little years were in the 80's so therefore all the sorts of films I watched were all the fantasy ones that were around at the time.

My ultimate favourites are:
1. The Goonies
2. Labrynth
3. The Never Ending Story

However, I absolutely LOVE The Lost Boys (I watched that when I was a bit older as I was a bit too young to watch a film about vampires), that film is just brilliant!

There are so many more i.e Legend, Time Bandits, Return to Oz with the wheelie men, they were scarey :Scared:

Kids films just aren't what they used to be :sad:
Ditto to your Goonies, Labrynth, Never Ending Story (lovin' your avatar btw), Return to Oz (what was the name of the robot in it, I loved him and the chicken!!) + Lost Boys!

Absolutely loved Footloose, I love Kevin Bacon still to this day!:hug

God Im editing faster than anything here, all the good un's are coming back to me! Loved Supergirl and Gremlins! When Gizmo is singing in his little cage, sounds so cute!!

Plus David Bowie in Labrynth was fit!! Loved his hair and leggings!!

Last edited:
Ferris Bueller's Day Off! probably my favourite film EVER. And what about The Breakfast Club, Fast Times at Ridgemont High, and pretty much anything with John Cusack?

my fave 80's film has to be "pretty in pink"

Was gutted that Kevin Bacon didnt do the dancing in footloose!!!

Flashdance was a good'un - had the soundtrack which was great.

Oh and John Cusack film was ' Sure thing' with that woman out of desperate housewives being the sure thing.

What about my step mothers an alien and 91/2 weeks and Blind date (all Kim Basinger films)

Mannequin.

Breakdance 1 and 2.

Rocky 4 (the best ever rocky film imo)

Last edited:
The robot in Return to Oz was Tick Tock if I remember correctly.
I was going to say about David Bowie in tights/leggins but didn't know if I was going to appear a bit odd - glad I'm not the only one lol.

My chinchilla is called Gizmo!

Y'know they were selling The Breakfast club in Tesco's for £3-5 not so long ago, not sure if the still do?

I remember Ferris Buellers Day Off, again prob watched it when I was a bit older.

Indiana Jones? They were good

ET-can't believe I left that out :smack:

ET (still cry at the end)

Back to the Future (Great music from Huey Lewis & The News)

Raiders of the Lost Ark (looking forward to the 4th Indiana Jones this summer)

Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Mrs Geek's fave most probably!)

Terminator.[/quote]
THATS ANOTHER FILM I CAN WATCH OVER N OVER AGAIN:)

Some Kind of Wonderful
Sixteen Candles
Heathers
Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

An Officer and a Gentleman :p I still swoon over RG even now lol

He is a hot stud...lol...

Mannequin was great too...loved Andrew McCarthy...

Xanadu...loved that... loved the music in it and I wanted to be Olivia in those outfits...

Dirty Dancing...
Earth Girls are Easy...
Fatal Attraction...just for inventing the term 'bunny boiler'
Teen Wolf
Gregory's Girl
Uncle Buck ... ' I'm a kid...thats my job'

Wow...there were some good films...

It's the uniform, phwoarrr!

American Gigolo........he was in that too, which was 80's
Educating Rita

OMG Teenwolf I'd completely forgotten about that!

Trains, Plains and automobiles, that's a good funny film

Weekend at Bernies
Strange Brew
Willow
Mad Max

The 80's must've been a really good time for films

The Hitcher with Rutger Hauger.....

Now been re-done with Sean Bean

Awww Terminator....made being pregnant look good at the end...not like real life at all:)
Highlander... always makes me sad when that song is on and she kicks the bucket:cry:

Latest posts

Back