Best Friend bites her nails!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Delisnails

Reaction score
My best friend bites her nails really badly, I kept saying I would not do her nails as there isnt enough there for the product to adhere to and they would just pop off, anyway eventually I have agreed after sending her away with some toughen up and solar oil to use for a few weeks.

She is going to the dominican to a friends wedding so she came over on monday to get the done, her first words were I have been a bit naughty, what a mess they were, I was so tempted to send her away again but said I would do them but do not be surprised if they pop off, pictures below they are not fantastic but she is thrilled with them

I thought you might like to know how my friend went on with her nails, well I think she did great, she only lost 2 in a week which considering there was not much for them to adhere to she did really well.

I have now rebalanced them after a week and I think there is an improvement in her skin around the nail already, what do you thinK - the third picture is the rebalance

Attachments

• P3280071.JPG
    P3280071.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 483
  • P3280068.JPG
    P3280068.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 1,878
  • nik after rebalance.JPG
    nik after rebalance.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 255
If I was a serious nail biter then I would also be delighted with these. Pity you didn't show us the before shot of them so we could see the improvement. Nice work!

sorry its there now, was too big so had to reduce it!!

massive improvment..well done !!! did you use custom blend..? x

Yes, there would of been no pink otherwise, it was customising the tips that I found the hardest, I can not get to grips with cutting out at the sides due to the bulbous bit of the finger on nail biters.

Delisnails said:
sorry its there now, was too big so had to reduce it!!
You should be proud. What a transformation. Wow, she is a really serious nail biter and should make every effort to grow her nails now and look after them. I like your smiles.

thanks, I go mad at her for doing it, it makes me feel sick when I see her at her nails, she says she does it cause she is stressed!! bless but she does smoke and drink so I am sure she could stop biting her nails, fingers skin everything in that area!!!! although to be honest I would prefer her to stop smoking - even said I would do her nails for nothing if she stopped smoking!!

They look brilliant! well done, she is a serious nail biter. If a client came to me with nails like that I would hope that my set would look this good! :green:
She must be so thrilled. Now, hopefully she won't bite/pick at them!

Well done ... you've almost "made a silk purse out of a sow's ear"!!!

thanks gigi, I know they are no where near perfect but anythings better than what they were like

Wow they look fab! I have a new client coming to me next week with nails that and have been a bit worried about how they will come out, never done such severe nails before. I did explain this to my client and she dosent care how they look anything is going to be an improvement, can you let me know what tips and powders you use thank.

Its all creative they take a lot of work, these took me nearly 3 hours, (although best friend so gassed a lot) you need to alter the tip to fit then I used custom blended powders and perfect white. Sorry its a bit abrupt but geeking with poorly boy on knee and he is getting fed up. Let me know if you need any more help

very nice - they are lovely - u did well there!! xx

How do you alter a tip for a nail biter?

Its got a name but can not remember it, there is a tutorial on here, you kind of cut out the sides sorry not being very specific

its called saddling tips are these white tips did you cut a lot of the well out i,ve never saddled white tips before.They look really good well done nail biters frighten me bet i wont turn them away as they are so gratefull

excellent work , well done!!!!

kay welch said:
its called saddling tips are these white tips did you cut a lot of the well out i,ve never saddled white tips before.They look really good well done nail biters frighten me bet i wont turn them away as they are so gratefull

No they are not white tips, I dont use them at all, its just clear tips saddled then blended before applied then I have used white powder in zone 1 and a custome blend for zones 2 and 3

You have done a really good job with those Adele.. that BC1 is fabulous.. ;)

I bet she was over the moon with them huh?

They look terrific!!! Wow, she must be so much happier with them!

Latest posts

Back