Best gel for sculpting and tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Struggling newbie

Reaction score
Hi geeks

What would you guys suggest is a good brand of gel for sculpting and applying with tips? I've been using NSI secrets. I like the fact that it is soak off, but it doesn't seem very strong?

Any ideas woukd be appreciated!!

People are going to tell you what they like using. Its best to research a couple more brands and see what you like using. Ive used a couple brands in my experience gel nails arent that strong.

Ok. Thanks . Will do.

Hiya, I agree, I do find gel nails a bit bendy.... I do use the gel pot by the gel bottle. I also use biab from the gel bottle and also flubber by ink London, but only for small repairs when doing a gel polish manicure just to get that one broken nail in line with the others :)

Ok....so I take it instead of using gels, you guys use acrylic for sculpting? I'm not trained in acrylic....but I am considering it.

Ok....so I take it instead of using gels, you guys use acrylic for sculpting? I'm not trained in acrylic....but I am considering it.

Yet to experience more than a single broken nail with hard gel and ive worn long ballerina and stiletto shapes solidly for a year, as have many of my customers. If you sculpt hard gel correctly there's no reason why they should break any more than L&P. But it's always important to do things correctly. C curve, straight sidewalls, and correct apex placement is key, as are regular infills when wearing long nails. If you continue to make the same mistakes with acrylic, then L&P won't magically fix those mistakes. You mention you used soft gel though, which is indeed softer than regular hard gel, Polygel, acrylgel, and L&P, but not to the point where they should break regularly.

I like ijel(ink london) or brisa(shellac)

Latest posts

Back