Best gel nail extensions brands?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flapjack

Reaction score
Hi,

I have just qualified using gel nail enhancements, I was looking at buying LCN but not sure as apart from though them direct its not that easy to purchase.

What brands do you use? which ones would you say are really good in terms of lasting well? and good selection of colours?

Thanks

I don't use gel but have heard very good reviews about Brisa (CND) and Balance (NSI).

xx

Ive been doing nails since 1995 and started out using OPI Microbond gel system. I still use OPI, but I also use CND Brisa gels. CND offers more of a range of pinks vs OPI, but I still love both. If you want a simple system then go with OPI Axxium gels, if you want to offer more of a custom mix of colors, go with CND Brisa gels. Which ever brand you decide, you won't be disappointed!

CND Brisa hard gel and Shellac. Hypoallergenic, great colour range, no heat spike, minimal gentle prep, easy application, no discolouration, it's got the rep, best customer service and education. Need I go on?:D

Hi,

Do the CND Brisa do Nail tips? are these any good?

Thanks

CND offer a variety of tips...however, I much prefer sculpting with Brisa :)

Whether you sculpt or you tip, it depends on the clients nails as to which will give the best results.

If you like to use tips (and there is nothing against you doing that all the time if you like to) then certainly CND have many tip styles to choose from and they are great tips that blend super quickly or you can remove the contact area and not have to blend at all.

Hi,

Thanks for the replies, I dont like sculpting but ill have a look at the tips that CND do although I have heard that they arent that strong.

Hi,

Thanks for the replies, I dont like sculpting but ill have a look at the tips that CND do although I have heard that they arent that strong.

Hi , I m new to gel enhancements myself . Correct me if I m wrong but I thought the tip was designed as more of a platform and that the gel itself provided the strength? If that is the case, a thinner tip shouldn t cause a problem ? X

Hi , I m new to gel enhancements myself . Correct me if I m wrong but I thought the tip was designed as more of a platform and that the gel itself provided the strength? If that is the case, a thinner tip shouldn t cause a problem ? X

Correct.

Yes, this is correct to a certain extent. But tips especially with gel can split and break. I usually recommend heavy handed clients, the shorter the tip, the better when having Gel extensions.

Yes, this is correct to a certain extent. But tips especially with gel can split and break. I usually recommend heavy handed clients, the shorter the tip, the better when having Gel extensions.

Well what you say does depend on the gel.

You can't just say gel anymore (and I do it too) you have to distinguish between whether you are talking about hard gels or soft Soak-off gels. I agree with you about tips and soft gels, but hard gels ... no.

There are no problems using tips with hard gels if the nails are built correctly with a good central vertical apex. The tips can be as thin as you like as hard gels can be as strong as L&P whereas soft gels are not.

Well what you say does depend on the gel.

You can't just say gel anymore (and I do it too) you have to distinguish between whether you are talking about hard gels or soft Soak-off gels. I agree with you about tips and soft gels, but hard gels ... no.

There are no problems using tips with hard gels if the nails are built correctly with a good central vertical apex. The tips can be as thin as you like as hard gels can be as strong as L&P whereas soft gels are not.

Yes, I agree.
This is another reason I want to move on to a better brand asap, as I know it is mainly the brand I use that causes many problems. A friend of a friend went to a top nail Salon and paid about £50 for a set of Gels, and within 7 days they pinged off lol. I am betting the product they use isn't worth the £50 she paid, that is for sure. Either that or bad prep or application!

Yes, I agree.
This is another reason I want to move on to a better brand asap, as I know it is mainly the brand I use that causes many problems. A friend of a friend went to a top nail Salon and paid about £50 for a set of Gels, and within 7 days they pinged off lol. I am betting the product they use isn't worth the £50 she paid, that is for sure. Either that or bad prep or application!

Or client interference!

Salons do not become "top salons" by doing nails that come off in a week!

Hi,

I have just qualified using gel nail enhancements, I was looking at buying LCN but not sure as apart from though them direct its not that easy to purchase.

What brands do you use? which ones would you say are really good in terms of lasting well? and good selection of colours?

Thanks
Hi i use LCN gels and when i first trained LCN in my area was all the rage, its what most salons offer in my area. However since joining salongeek i have heard great things about CND Brisa Gels , hypoallergenic, no heat spike, stays put so you can do all five fingers before curing so im going to do a conversion course as soon as i find the time.
You also have to be LCN trained to buy their products so if you havent trained wuth them you wont be able to purchase from them, but i wouldnt recommend buying any gel brand without training with them first every brand has their own method that works for their product xx

Or client interference!

Salons do not become "top salons" by doing nails that come off in a week!

I am afraid they are known as a top Salon.

Not by me personally, but by other people who know no better, when it comes to nails

Latest posts

Back