Best gel system, Brisa/Bio Sculpture/Calgel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emma P

Reaction score
Hi peeps

Just after a bit of advice please?
I'm qualified in manicure and pedicure, and also offer CND Shellac (I do this mobile / part time).
I'm thinking of going into gel nails as I get lots of enquiries if I do extensions/ gels.
However I'm unsure of what gel to train in and use.
As I use CND Shellac should I train in CND Brisa gel? Or another gel system? If so which gels do you recommend...I've enquired with Biosculpture and Calgel (as I've heard of these gel systems), however I just wondered what everyone's opinions were? Is there another gel system that is recommended but I just have heard of?

Many thanks x

All 3 systems are great, its a bit like asking which car to buy some people will always say Ford, some will side with Vauxhall.

Best option would be to get a sample pack from each and see what you think, or stick with the training provider you trust and have a relationship with. Once qualified you can change brands if you choose.

Young Nails, Light Elegance, Lilly Nails, The Gel Bottle, CND... just among a few who provide (comprehensive) training in gel (as in, not just a quick weekend course, but includes in depth training). The products are also renowned and good quality. The upside to picking Brisa is you already have the lamp and the system is hypoallergenic and I use them on clients who are allergic (with their permission) and they don't react to it, but they have a slightly poor range of gels compared to these other companies and are one of the priciest brands. CND are also not cruelty free, as they do approve and pay for their products to be tested on animals in some countries, whereas other companies will refuse to do so. With Young Nails, they have formulated their gels to not produce heat spikes and they have a nice selection of gels in different viscosities and from what I have heard, great training. Also their Young Nails protein bond (primer) is magic and can be used with other systems. I can confirm it is in fact magic :p. I am unsure if they are cruelty free. Light Elegance will wow you with their gel collection as well, and the glitter gels are to die for, but their hard gels are more prone to heat spike/esothermic reaction because of the amount of photoinitiators in the gels. They are cruelty free. Lilly Nails is amazing, also good choice of gels with different viscosities, and have fiber gel, lovely good coverage colours, quality products, their gel polishes are great. They are cruelty free. :) The Gel Bottle i haven't personally had experience with but i know many that have, and they loved it. They are also fully vegan and cruelty free. There are other brands too, but I just wrote a few things about brands that I know a little about. At the end of the day, the basic training you will do with a company won't / should not be the last. You will likely train further and do higher level courses and training with a variety of trainers and brands, to improve. In the end, your initial training will just give you a foundation - but like with anything, a good foundation is key, and I believe all the above will give you this. Hopefully it helps you out ! :)

You are comparing hard gels (Brisa) to soak-off gels (Bio Sculpture, Calgel). So you should perhaps decide which type of product you prefer.

We also offer a full range of hypoallergenic hard gels, soak-off sculpting gels and soak-off colour gels that (together with our hypoallergenic gel polish) we are launching in the UK at Olympia Beauty next weekend. If you have time to visit, we will have a test zone where you can get a personal demo and try the products yourself. You can also visit other companies there and get all the info you need to make the right decision for you :)

Latest posts

Back