Best gel system

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hands_Only

Nail Professional
Reaction score
Hey all

I have decided to offer gel now along with l&p after many folk being 'put off' l&p by the nss cheap tacky nails. Although I have on many occasions gave them the whole statement, which I'm sure many of us can say in our sleep by now, they are still not willing to try them anymore.

So, my question is, what is the best gel system. I trained with a German company so not sure who is good here. I will of course do a conversion with them but I just don't know who to go with.

Thanks in advance
Angela

I've used both cnd brisa gel and nail harmony gelish hard gel and really like both. They are both buff off gels so if it was a soak off gel you were looking for I've heard that calgel or bio sculpture are good too. Hth x

if you want a soak off gel id go for bio sculpture, if you want a hard gel id go for cnd brisa gel, both are fantastic companies and training is fab x

I would advise either CND Brisa gel if you are looking for a buff off gel or biosculpture gel for a soak off gel. I offer both and they are both brilliant products, both companies provide excellent training and troubleshooting :) Hope this helps

Young Nails Synergy is a fantastic gel system, plus as a company Young Nails are great at supporting you. Check Greg's videos on YouTube. You can't help be get enthusiastic after watching them. They also do a soak off gel called ManiQ which is great for the natural nails. You can even use it with nail polish.

KSRR, I have been looking at yn as the trainer is local to me and with 3 kids and no family nearby it helps. I have watched Greg's videos and true, he is very enthusiastic about what he does.

Thanks for all the replies folks. :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

That's great. Good luck if you do go ahead. I'm sure you'll love it. Xx

ive never heard of the young nails company?what are they like? are they national? thanks

CND Brisa Gel for me!

Not only is Brisa a beautiful product to use and to look at, it lasts so very well and never dis-colours. Brisa is also a hypo-allergenic gel that does not heat spike and cause pain and contains none of the ingredients known to be prone to causing allergies; it is a very safe gel both for you and for clients. Easy to use and minimal prep to the natural nail (as with all CND products). Those are all unique selling points and it is the USP's that count in my book.

As for customer service, the company that sells Brisa Gel and all CND products (Sweet Squared 08452106060) has won Best Customer Service award at least 3 times in the last 3 years and best nail education 4 times. Pretty good record I'd say and it accounts for their great reputation. I'm proud to represent them in any way I can.

Geeg, I already have my conversion with l&p but at the moment I'm struggling to get the finance up to pay for the brisa conversion. This is why I'm looking at other companies as my certificate is with a German company and it's quite expensive to get the products sent over.

Geeg, I already have my conversion with l&p but at the moment I'm struggling to get the finance up to pay for the brisa conversion. This is why I'm looking at other companies as my certificate is with a German company and it's quite expensive to get the products sent over.

I understand, but the conversion does include your complete kit if done at a distributor location. Great value course. Have you checked out that option? Maybe with a certificate from your German gel company they will accept it on it's own .. depends what it is. Speak to Debbie direct 01133173801

i am currently looking at the brisa gel conversion and think its fantastic value for money.

I have tried other gels as i seem to get on better with gel than L&P, i did the creative conversion for L&P. I do bio sculpture and love it but feel i need something stronger for those clients who like to have tips with overlay.x

I am having a mare of a time. I can't get a model (don't know anyone) and I don't have a babysitter now thanks to hubby not able to get time off work. I hate being an army wife sometimes :(

I am having a mare of a time. I can't get a model (don't know anyone) and I don't have a babysitter now thanks to hubby not able to get time off work. I hate being an army wife sometimes :(
Hold your horses, Angie! What's the big rush? Take your time, wait your moment and all will fall into place. Models can often be supplied by the training school ... Just ask what they can do to help you. Often other students have stacks of models lined up and can provide one. Take a breath, slow down and ask.

Hold your horses, Angie! What's the big rush? Take your time, wait your moment and all will fall into place. Models can often be supplied by the training school ... Just ask what they can do to help you. Often other students have stacks of models lined up and can provide one. Take a breath, slow down and ask.

Thanks Geeg, the rush is I only have til the summer. When we move again to another new place. I won't know a soul and hubby starts his new course and I will be lucky to see him before I go to bed let alone him get time off to watch the kids.
I'm gonna phone on Monday and see what they say. I'm just sick of taking a backseat in my life while his progresses :(

Thanks Geeg, the rush is I only have til the summer. When we move again to another new place. I won't know a soul and hubby starts his new course and I will be lucky to see him before I go to bed let alone him get time off to watch the kids.
I'm gonna phone on Monday and see what they say. I'm just sick of taking a backseat in my life while his progresses :(
I can understand your frustration ... Think about the big picture. .. The grand plan ... It's all for the good of you and your family even if you will feel a bit left out at times.. Focus on what you want .. Realise it will happen and things will move into place to make it happen. Be happy to have a good provider who is getting on in life .. Keep busy and it won't take forever! Big : hug:

AngieF where are you planning to go to for your training/dates etc? As I am only down the M3 & happy to be your model! I too want to do Brisa & L&P this year (god help those poor ambassadors!) PM me as I am sure WE can pull this off for you!! :)

AngieF where are you planning to go to for your training/dates etc? As I am only down the M3 & happy to be your model! I too want to do Brisa & L&P this year (god help those poor ambassadors!) PM me as I am sure WE can pull this off for you!! :)

I'm planning on doing it down in Bournemouth in May, as the Maidenhead educator hasn't got any dates.
That would be great thank you for the offer x

I'm planning on doing it down in Bournemouth in May, as the Maidenhead educator hasn't got any dates.
That would be great thank you for the offer x
I LOVE generous lovely geeks ! Mini4mum you are a pearl! X. This kind of thing is what geekdom is all about. :Love:

I LOVE generous lovely geeks ! Mini4mum you are a pearl! X. This kind of thing is what geekdom is all about. :Love:

Totally agree with you there Geeg. I even have army friends (more acquaintances that have offered to take the baby for the day. I just need to sort something with the 2 at school now.

I may get this conversion in May after all :)

Latest posts

Back