Best hair colour-Goldwell, Matrix, etc.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emma21287

Reaction score
Hi geeks

I'm opening up hair within my beauty salon and was wondering what brand hair was best etc. when you stated out did you but one of each colour in the chart or did you just buy a mixture of colours

Thanks for your help xx

Go for Tigi it's great as its so compact x

Hi geeks

I'm opening up hair within my beauty salon and was wondering what brand hair was best etc. when you stated out did you but one of each colour in the chart or did you just buy a mixture of colours

Thanks for your help xx

If I was going to start with matrix I would have chosen a selection as I had worked with them for so long I could mix any colour from anything I had left pretty much, doing mobile I couldn't carry around 600 colours..... They have about 645 I think :o

I love love love joico! They are amazing and brought all of their colour range as its not that big, they have their main colours and then you mix them all to create endless amounts of colours (matrix you can mix too, hence the not having them all when mobile) anyway they are more about educating the stylist over throwing a new colour at them.

L'oreal I haven't really used, trained with them but didn't feel they come out even all through and they faded quick (this is 12 years ago so could be a lot better now) I used to love the platinum bleach until I found joico

Wella are for some reason the uk fav.... Those of us who have ventured away from them have seen the light, the don't really last but they do the job good enough for the day they are done in my eyes

Tigi I haven't used, and hate to admit that I like some of their outcomes ... I'm a tigi hater for no particular reason lol they used to be vile but under the new revamp seem to be turning the tables :) dare I admit that lol.

XP.... They do ok again but not for your main colour house! They're cheap and their outcomes show this

Fudge... My rep said they are cheap and do the job but nothing compared to matrix and joico (he is the joico fudge and tigi rep)

If your looking to rent the space out, maybe see who the hairdresser prefers and works best with, any colour house I would send them on the course, most colour houses joico and matrix do intro courses, refresher courses and knowledge courses with your warehouse for free when you are using their range... So may be worth thinking about :)

You will get a wide range of opinions in here which is good but not necessarily the best...

Latest posts

Back