Best hot wax for bikini lines for someone new to hot wax?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bed Bunny

Reaction score
Hi

i am happy using my Clean + Easy roller wax for all waxing except bikini lines where i think hot wax does a better job. I have completed a one-to-one brazilian/hollywood wax course with Graftons and would now like to buy some hot wax, get lots of practise and then start using it on clients.

The gigi wax i used to train with did not impress me that much in terms of getting the shorter hairs. Which hot wax does a great job on bikini lines and would be suitable for an inexperienced hot waxer?

many thanks
BB

I use Lycon wax and find it really easy to use and it gets out really short hairs. It comes from Australia but the distributors are in London.

Perron Rigot euroblonde or Berins blue.
Have used them both and both are really good. I prefer the Berins but i use both of these brands-strip and non-strip and they are the best waxes i've used.
Get a couple of samples and give them a try.

Perron Rigot Euroblonde if my favourite

Or if you are possibly looking at a cheaper option, Satin Smooth Coconut & Arnica Hard Wax, which you can get from Sally's, Beauty Express ......

HTHs xx

Hi
I have just done a bikini and eyebrow wax on a client and used Cristaliline by Peron Rigot. It's so lovely to work with and the Jasmine oil is wonderful. Did some Training with Kim last weekend and she makes it so so easy.
Client really happy - Therapist really happy!

thanks for the replies. am still undecided though!!

BB

PR Euroblonde for me. Unrivalled performance and comfort for the client.

Perron Rigot Euroblonde here too!! To be honest I used to use my Clean and Easy roller for everything until I tried PR, now my roller system sits in the cupboard unused because I love the entire PR range so much and clients prefer it too.:)

I use Berins Blue and Ease and love them both. I have used PR for a long while too which is a super wax and would go back to using that now if I couldn't get the Berins. The Berins just has the edge for me. Love it, love it!

right, i have just ordered some Euroblonde! i'll let you know how i get on.

many thanks for the advice, it is much appreciated.
BB
x

Bed Bunny: Euroblonde is amazing and so simple to use. Apply it in the direction of hair growth, press, flick the end and remove. Voila!

PM me if you need any help . xxx

Bed Bunny: Euroblonde is amazing and so simple to use. Apply it in the direction of hair growth, press, flick the end and remove. Voila!

PM me if you need any help . xxx
Ive never heard of this, but it sounds really good and is obviously very popular, where can you get it from? x

Thalgo is the UK distributor - 020 7512 0872

Indeed, but Beauty Express doesn't have the full range, whereas Thalgo does.

Hi

i bought the euroblonde and tried it this morning on myself and my (long suffering) husband. It really does seem easy and leaves no trace of residue on the skin.

the only problem is that there are long, very very thin threads of wax trailing, no matter how much i twirl the spatula. They are not sticky but it must look unprofessional to have little threads of was everywhere! any tips on how to avoid them?

many thanks
BB
x

Yes you will get little strands, it's just the nature of the wax.
When you apply the wax, wand the spatula over where you have just waxed to break the strands.

the only problem is that there are long, very very thin threads of wax trailing, no matter how much i twirl the spatula. They are not sticky but it must look unprofessional to have little threads of was everywhere! any tips on how to avoid them?

many thanks
BB
x

Although referred to as hard wax these waxes(whichever brand) have to be flexible for application purposes (when hot)and not turn brittle when they cool after application...otherwise they would simply snap or shatter when pulling the wax from the skin.

They therefore contain ingredients that give a certain amount of flexibility to the wax whilst it is hot and even once cooled...a bit like adding chewing gum so its more pliable.

This is why you get the strings coming after application to the skin.
As previously mentioned simply "wand" the spatula back and forth over the applied wax which will break the cord.

HTH :hug:

thanks for the tip i will try it.

BB
x

For me it has to be Berins blue or in this heat Berins Jet Set.

However, no matter how good the wax, in the wrong hands with no specific training **@@!!:green:

Latest posts

Back