Best hot wax for eyebrows

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freelancetrainer

Reaction score
Any recommendations? I find many hot waxes start to cool on the stick as I transfer from pot to brow so wondering if there are any that don’t.

You want a slower setting wax. For intimate you want a fast or instant setting wax and you are working with large dollops of wax. For facial waxing you are working with tiny amounts which cool quickly, so a slower setting wax might help.

You also might want to consider a baby wax pot with the heat up higher than you'd have for intimate waxing.

Also what spatulas are you using? The smaller the stick, the better. I use orange sticks and I can twirl a little dollop which holds heat nicely, if I take the same wax quantity on a facial waxing stick, it cools too fast.

I use Outbacks. I usually use the Opal which sets too fast for eyebrows but which is lovely for the face. The outback gold has a lower melting point and a slower setting time which would be better for brows. I must admit I use strip wax on brows, dividing the brow into 7 separate sections and then I thread and tweezer. I've never got on with hot wax on brows but it can be done.

You want a slower setting wax. For intimate you want a fast or instant setting wax and you are working with large dollops of wax. For facial waxing you are working with tiny amounts which cool quickly, so a slower setting wax might help.

You also might want to consider a baby wax pot with the heat up higher than you'd have for intimate waxing.

Also what spatulas are you using? The smaller the stick, the better. I use orange sticks and I can twirl a little dollop which holds heat nicely, if I take the same wax quantity on a facial waxing stick, it cools too fast.

I use Outbacks. I usually use the Opal which sets too fast for eyebrows but which is lovely for the face. The outback gold has a lower melting point and a slower setting time which would be better for brows. I must admit I use strip wax on brows, dividing the brow into 7 separate sections and then I thread and tweezer. I've never got on with hot wax on brows but it can be done.

Hi thank you for replying.

I must admit I do prefer strip wax in brows but not so much when it’s someone who’s sensitive to waxing (skin lifting). Most are fine but I’ve had 3 clients with lifting and grazing which has put me off it a bit. That said, I now as a matter of course, apply oil prior to strip wax to avoid that. I think I’ll stick with what I have rather than purchase another wax pot just for brows. I already have several heaters and my hot wax isn’t particularly fast at setting so it must be the lower temperature and smaller quantity of wax used in eyebrow waxing which is causing me the problems. I’ll continue to use oil and resin free strip wax and be ultra careful with those who are sensitive I guess.

Ive just bought a hybrid wax , not used yet but the lady at the suppliers said its great and doesn't leave any redness

Latest posts

Back