Best keratin blow drys?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah x

Reaction score
hi I am new to salon geek so not sure if I’m doing this right....

I currently work 2 days a week in a salon but I’ve been offered another job in a salon which is rent a chair. (£40 per day) and we have to supply our own stock.
(I am Currently employed and on a wage)
It’s a new salon which has only been opened since November and has not a large clientele yet.
I am so under decided whether to bite the bullet and go there or stay in my current salon and build up my mobile hair around my 2 children.

I have a few qualifications.. spray tanning, gel nails and i also offer L’Oréal smartbond. I am also in the process of looking to do Brazilian blow drys.

Any advice would be grateful cos I really don’t know what to do for the best.

Thanks x

hi I am new to salon geek so not sure if I’m doing this right....

I currently work 2 days a week in a salon but I’ve been offered another job in a salon which is rent a chair. (£40 per day) and we have to supply our own stock.
(I am Currently employed and on a wage)
It’s a new salon which has only been opened since November and has not a large clientele yet.
I am so under decided whether to bite the bullet and go there or stay in my current salon and build up my mobile hair around my 2 children.

I have a few qualifications.. spray tanning, gel nails and i also offer L’Oréal smartbond. I am also in the process of looking to do Brazilian blow drys.

Any advice would be grateful cos I really don’t know what to do for the best.

Thanks x
I worked in a salon for 12 years and left to rent a chair.... scary as hell... but I got most of my clients follow me and even those who I didn’t actually do followed me. I was there for 5 years then opened my own salon last year, best thing I ever did.
Being self employed is a very good way to work around your children until they are an age like mine that’s 12, old enough to stay home alone, there are a few down sides tho.. ppl think you work 24 hours a day and it’s get stressful answering clients messages when you’ve work hours and hours and days off. My phone never stops even tho I now have a salon number.
Hope this helps. Del xx

Hi don’t do it unless you have your own clientele (Or can afford to wait til the clients come in)! You would be much better off getting that guaranteed wage at the end of every month. And do your own mobile clients around your children like you said til you can build your clientele enough to leave the salon your in and work for yourself. Maybe even negotiate to be put on a percentage basis.

I worked in a salon for 12 years and left to rent a chair.... scary as hell... but I got most of my clients follow me and even those who I didn’t actually do followed me. I was there for 5 years then opened my own salon last year, best thing I ever did.
Being self employed is a very good way to work around your children until they are an age like mine that’s 12, old enough to stay home alone, there are a few down sides tho.. ppl think you work 24 hours a day and it’s get stressful answering clients messages when you’ve work hours and hours and days off. My phone never stops even tho I now have a salon number.
Hope this helps. Del xx

Hi, thanks for replying.. I agree being self employed is more flexible with kids etc and ideally that’s my goal. The thing is the salon I would be moving to was originally a coffee shop so there is no excisting clientele so I would be starting from scratch and I don’t know if I can afford to not earn much money to start off with.
I think at the moment I’m going to stay where I am and build up my mobile hair xx

Hi don’t do it unless you have your own clientele (Or can afford to wait til the clients come in)! You would be much better off getting that guaranteed wage at the end of every month. And do your own mobile clients around your children like you said til you can build your clientele enough to leave the salon your in and work for yourself. Maybe even negotiate to be put on a percentage basis.

Hi, that’s exciting what I think I’m going to do. I can’t afford or risk not earning enough money at the beginning x thank u for replying

Latest posts

Back