Best mascara for a 60 year old?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dolly6410

Reaction score
hey geeks

my mums asked for a new mascara for her birthday, i want to get her a really good one because her eyelashes are getting finer with old age and she also is blonde, she doesn't like clumpy mascaras or ones with fibres in as they tend to drop down during the day. She has used loreal and max factor and doesn't get on with them (i think with max factor she just had a bad mascara because i've never had a problem with her but on her it just flaked down). any ideas please let me know! not looking to spend more than £20 because otherwise she won't replace it herself (because shes a stinge!!! haha) thanks in advance geeks :)

LOL .. I have the same problem being of the same age!!

The best combo I have ever used is ...

First a light coat of L'oreal lash primer and then the best mascarra for me ever .. "They're Real" from Benefit cosmetics. I love Benefit and don't think you can beat it, but always open to suggestions.

Last edited:
Dream weave is brilliant x

Clinique and Maybelline are my favourites.

I like Clinique High Impact but that has fibres or they do one called High Lengths which I believe is a plastic brush. Their bottom lash mascara is also great.

hth :)

Maybe a lash serum, rather than a mascara?

My lashes were very thin, faded - although I do tint them- and seemed to have disappeared at the outer edges. I started using Revitalash (I have no vested interest!) and it's made a real difference. The downside is that it IS expensive, but it lasts for ages and you only need 1 quick coat of mascara. I don't know how good less expensive serums are, but you could look at reviews for them online.

Thank you very much everyone! i was swaying towards benefit they're real because i've heard great reviews but i was put off because i hated their bad gals mascara. I may buy her 2 different ones for birthday and 2 different ones again for christmas (thats if she doesn't like the ones i bought her for birthday) so then she can test them all out!

I did look into dream weave but isn't that fibres?

I didn't even think of serums, i might buy her one of those too!

My friend swears by Dior - and I have to say her lashes look fabulous. I buy it for her as a pressie as it's quite expensive!

Thank you very much everyone! i was swaying towards benefit they're real because i've heard great reviews but i was put off because i hated their bad gals mascara. I may buy her 2 different ones for birthday and 2 different ones again for christmas (thats if she doesn't like the ones i bought her for birthday) so then she can test them all out!

I did look into dream weave but isn't that fibres?

I didn't even think of serums, i might buy her one of those too!

I've used Revitalash and it is good ... perhaps I should use it again as I got out of the habit. But it did not thicken my lashes ... it did however grow what I had quite long ... good product. But she will like Benefit, "It's Real" it has terrific reviews and using a primer first will make her lashes look thicker without fibers.

Dreamweave lash construct. Gives fabulous defined lashes and also contains Widelash which nourishes lashes at the root and helps with growth. I've had amazing reports and results with it snd its not got a hefty price tag at £14.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

it's hard to find an eyelash primer that isn't stuck on the end of a mascara, i'm off shopping tomorrow so will have a look! thanks everyone for your ideas, i will let you know how i get on with my mission :)

Blinc has a fabulous mascara, primer and serum. I swear by all three of them!

Blinc has a fabulous mascara, primer and serum. I swear by all three of them!

Where and how do I get it .. such is my trust in you.!!! :hug:

Mac do a good lash primer can't remember what its called though lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes I recently sampled Blinc and loved it x

I love Blinc liner.
I found the mascara separated my lashes too much; at the time they were naturally quite long, but not thick. Maybe I should have tried the primer too. What I did like about Blinc was the removal method.....little tubes just slide off the lashes with water.

Blinc has a new mascara, called Amplified, which does just that!

Thanks, Lynne, didn't know about that one. Will try it!

Lush Lash Mascara from Urban Decay is lovely, has growth peptides in it and conditions your lashes as you wear it :) lovely brush too! Xx

thank you everyone! i decided to go for Benefit They're Real and also Mac prep and prime, everyones got good words to say about them both and also i get discount... muhahahaa :lol: if she doesn't get on with them then i have a big list to venture onto after. thanks again geeks :D

Latest posts

Back