Best matte top coat?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kellymare

Reaction score
hi, before I spend my pennies I was wondering which matte top coat you all thought was the best one? and why? I've been thinking about the shellac one but not heard good things about it - the matte wearing off. thanks in advance

I have the shellac matte, and I'm not satisfied with the results on it. I have heard really good things about Ugly Duckling matte topcoat and it has even won awards. I have been meaning to look into getting that one myself, but I never have anyone asking for matte, so I didn't prioritise it. :)

hi, before I spend my pennies I was wondering which matte top coat you all thought was the best one? and why? I've been thinking about the shellac one but not heard good things about it - the matte wearing off. thanks in advance
Ugly duckling matte top coat is the best I have ever used. Take a look at the reviews.

I’ve got the Ink London ilac matte top coat and am very happy with it

Ugly duckling matte top coat is the best I have ever used. Take a look at the reviews.
hi, which website can I buy this from for shipping to the uk? thanks x

I have the Laque’d it works really well but you need a bit of a ticket coat.

Thicker not ticket! :)

Last edited:

Maybe you mean “thicker” coat, and predictive text has confused matters?! ;)

Maybe you mean “thicker” coat, and predictive text has confused matters?! ;)

Hahha oh my goodness I did... stupid iPhone

Thicker not ticket! :)
ooh not heard of that brand, I'll look thanks x

I really like halo's matte top coat xxxx

The gel bottle one is rocking my world it’s the best matte ever and no sticky layer.

IIjustI started using OPI's matte top coat.
I tried the Sally Hansen "BigBMatte Top Coat" but it didn't work at all.

PRESTO from Japan is the best... I have tried ugly ducking/youngnails/wildflowers... They are Matte but they add a white cast to the finish look as if the matte layer alters the color of gel polish.
Presto is the only one that DOES NOT add this white cast!

I've used Gelish matte top coat and it is not good unfortunately. Chipped, apparently not as strong as shiny top coats - and the matte effect wore off, it didn't last, started to go a bit shiny. I've heard putting a normal top coat on and then the matte effect on top of that helps with the chipping issue xxxx

Presto is not the only one that does not add a white cast. I can't mention the brand here, but send me a PM if you want to know.

I use laque'd as well!

The shellac matt top coat is amazing xx

Latest posts

Back