Best Nail Art stripers?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BingoBrebner

Reaction score
Hi folks

I am going to give nail art a whirl and was wondering if anyone could recommend which stripers are best. I am staying well away from ebay but have been told that CND or NSI have good ones, can anyone confirm this for me

Thanks v much

Linda

I prefer the pro-artist grade natural sable ones that can be found in craft/hobby stores.

I like Nubar Strippers from Nubar nail art 2 way pens

I have recently bought the glitter strippers which are fantastic and the 2 way pens. I haven't used the 2 way ones yet so can't comment but i did read great feedback about these pens. xx

Nubar are my fave!! Really long flexible brushes, best ones i've used! x

I like color club. I havn't tried Nubar so will have to see what those are like! :)

I like color club. I havn't tried Nubar so will have to see what those are like! :)
I'm with color club art club as well. did try a couple but they're the reliable i could find

I like Vrush brushes that come in 3 lengths and I use them with acrylic paints and with polishes.
I gave up on pre-made striper polishes and pens. They clog, get lumpy etc.. and you're limited by 'their' (meaning the brand) colour choices.
To me, it made much more sense to invest in striper BRUSHES than polishes.
vrush-3-piece-brush-set-1712-p.jpg

also found here: ArtNails Nail Art Brushes

Sometimes, I'll even mix my own glitter with a bit of clear polish and some glitter added in a miniature paint tray like this but with only 4 divots on it. In fact, I am frequently found mixing paints and polishes to get 'exactly' what I want.

AA_15418.png

I like Vrush brushes that come in 3 lengths and I use them with acrylic paints and with polishes.
I gave up on pre-made striper polishes and pens. They clog, get lumpy etc.. and you're limited by 'their' (meaning the brand) colour choices.
To me, it made much more sense to invest in striper BRUSHES than polishes.
vrush-3-piece-brush-set-1712-p.jpg

also found here: ArtNails Nail Art Brushes
These brushes look excellent but i have had no luck trying to find a u.k stockist in the past. xx

the dreaded ebay?
Mind you, be careful.
They have some 'knock-offs' that are ok BUT the brushes aren't as 'slim' if you get my meaning.
(but then, I've been known to cut hairs off of brushes to taper them to what I want LOL)

hth's

the dreaded ebay?
Mind you, be careful.
They have some 'knock-offs' that are ok BUT the brushes aren't as 'slim' if you get my meaning.
(but then, I've been known to cut hairs off of brushes to taper them to what I want LOL)

hth's
Thanks victoria. :)
I have bought some off ebay before but they weren't the original v-brush. Which i knew they wouldn't be ... 3 lookalikes for 99p from china. :lol:
Wish there was a uk stockist for these ones though. You can see the quality is better. xx

To be dreadfully and painfully honest.. the ONLY differences I found between the ebay knock-offs and the Vrush was the number of bristles per brush or 'thickness'.

Vrush is thinner, has less bristles.

Seriously, other than that, no difference and I've used both regularly.
I had to 'taper' the knock-offs.

But then, maybe there's different quality knock-off's too? hahaha

I was at the local distributor and she was trying to sell 'knock-offs' for the same price as Vrush and I laughed in her face and told her straight up that if I was going to pay vrush-prices, I wanted VRUSH brushes and not fakes. She tried to argue with me insisting that they were Vrush.

I pointed at her computer and said 'do you mind' and she said 'go ahead'. I pulled up the vrush site, pointed at the price, then pointed out the close-up of the brushes that said VRUSH and then pointed out to her that the knock-offs were the wrong colors for the wrong lengths.

AT LEAST she had the grace to blush at that point:rolleyes:

Star nails 'super stripers' are good x

Latest posts

Back