Best nail courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hunnie

Reaction score
Hello Ladies,

I'm in the process of starting my own mobile/home based beauty business. Whats the best nail course for me to do?

Thanks

Sarah x:lick:

Hi Hunnie, welcome to the site. Depends really what you want to be able to offer - would you like to just offer natural nail treatments (manicure, pedicure, minx, shellac/gel polishes) or would you also like to be able to offer enhancements (gel or liquid & powder acrylic enhancements)?

Xx

Hi Pixie beauty,

I think initially i would like to do do manicure pedicure, gel, minx etc.

Then maybe do enchancements at a later stage?

Thanks

Sarah x

OK then in that case I believe the NVQ 2 would cover you for mani/pedi training but you don't tackle enhancements till NVQ 3 - but you need to check that!

I went down the road of the private training company and am very glad I did. CND do a fab course that would train you in natural nails including Shellac but not Minx by the looks of it (it's called CND Naturally)

You can add Minx on and you'll have a lot of the tools necessary but you'd need to purchase the Minx kit on top. CND are the distributors for Minx and Shellac so it's best for you to go straight with them, in my opinion. It ain't cheap - but then nothing worth having is. If you go down the college/nvq route and add up the costs it's probably similar.

CND also do a CND Complete course which covers all of the above but includes enhancements.

They can answer all of your questions but a good starting point is their website Welcome - Sweet Squared go to Education then Jump

Bear in mind other companies do training also (OPI aka Lena White, for example) but they don't distribute Minx and Shellac, the have Nail Appliques and GelColour. Similarly Harmony offer Gelish, Young Nails offer ManiQ etc All the big companies do their own thing it's worth calling round and comparing to college prices.

Hope that helps any further questions fire away xx

Thanks for your reply its very useful, best start saving the pennies for the CND course.:Grope:

Sarah xx

Latest posts

Back