Best nail drills for beginners

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stella1981

Reaction score
Hi guys I’m recently qualified in nails and wondered wgat drills you guys would recommend? Thanks in advance

Which e-file (drill) did you train with?

I took my course at salon services and they provided the equipment so I’m assuming their own brand.

Any company that doesn't call it a nail drill tbh

I’m halfway through my nail tech course - they did supply a drill but its…less than awesome. I actually ordered a cheaper e-file I saw advertised byYokeFellow online as a back up. Tried it out a few times, as did a fully qualified friend of mine who was shocked at how well it performs. Goes to a max of 35000 (which I would never use obviously lol) but the controls are well made, and it never “skips” like the one from school does in the reverse mode for lefties.
A friend ordered one from Nail Career Educator’s shop and she’s very happy with that.

I would suggest a Melodie Susie for a good, budget-friendly starter. One with the LCD showing how many thousand RPMs it's going.

Then, when you have more expendable income, invest in either a Young Nails e-file or a Kupa. Kupa is great because they service their units, but lack an LCD screen. Young Nails has a screen, but no service department for fixes/cleaning.

Also look into Kiara Sky. I hear lots of great things from them.

My school nail drill died before my finals 2 years ago so I got a Makartt 30000RPM on amazon and used it the past 2 years while i was building my business. I just got my Kiara sky drill and it was defective so i am currently waiting for the replacement in the mail so I do not have a review to give you on that yet. That makartt drill was just under 100 bucks for me and did its job. Now I could afford the Kiara Skye drill which was $500 for me (i live in Canada so anything American is expensive for me to import). I would invest in good drill bits while your starting out then save for a good drill.

Latest posts

Back