Best nail school in Adelaide, Australia?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coco1989

Reaction score
Hi!
I'm new here so first of all I apologize if this has been placed in the incorrect area. I also did a bit of research in the forum and couldn't find a similar topic so thought to start one.

I'm from Australia, SA and was wanting to know if anyone knew the best school to go for regarding all things nails.
I do shellac now but would like to learn more about the nail and have a Cert. under my belt to make clients feel more comfortable as well as giving me more knowledge about nails in general.

Coco

Hi
You could contact Christine Maher at Creatives New Edge in Preston or Jai Harvey Yin at EzNailz Face & Beauty in Thomastown. Both are in Victoria but might be able to direct you to someone closer to you

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi
You could contact Christine Maher at Creatives New Edge in Preston or Jai Harvey Yin at EzNailz Face & Beauty in Thomastown. Both are in Victoria but might be able to direct you to someone closer to you

Thankyou!
I emailed both and got some helpful responses :). I thought I'd document them here in case there are other people wanting to know the answer to the same question.
The first directed me to a Francine of 'Chic Nails Beauty with Style,' Whom I have just emailed and will report back with a response when received.

The second sent a reply which I will quote because there are some really helpful tips there for people looking for good nail schools in any area.

Hello Gabrielle.Thank you for your inquiry.

We are situated in Victoria as you know and don't have a lot to do with other school's especially in other states but our suggestion would be to ring a wholesaler in SA like "National Salon Supplies" and ask them to give you the names of some highly regarded schools. They know of us and we have dealt with them and supplied products to them over the years.They are lovely people and will know their state very well.

You can also go to our web site and on the home page is a Pink box to the right called "FREE INDUSTRY REPORT". Put in your name and your e-mail address and click on send. This will send you a 2 page document easy to read and follow on how to pick a good training college and some of the questions you should ask and what you should look out for. This page is not monitored.

Christine put this together as we are trying to give prospective students like yourself a guide before spending money and crossing fingers and hoping for the best in an effort to weed out the places taking money and promising everything but delivering only on bits and pieces.

I hope this helps you in your quest of finding a good training college to start off your career in the Beauty Industry.

Regards for now.
Mark @ CNE Beauty.
03 9484 1889.
www.creativesnewedge.com.au

I will update when I have more information and contact National Salon Supplies. Thanks again!

-Coco

So glad that they were able to redirect you :)

thanks for posting this info, might be emigrating next year and info will come in handy x

No Problem!
I got a call back from National Salon Supplies and the girl put me on hold and she asked all the girls in store and most recommended Advanced Nails and Beauty:
http://www.nailsandbeauty.com.au/academy.html
If anyone is interested the brand they use is 'Young Nails'

Have not heard from anyone else yet but have also been doing some research of my own, particularly on a School known as:
The Nail Technician School of SA.
It looks really good to me. I called and the product they use in class is called 'PHd' which I had never heard of though so if anyone has an opinion on those products that would be great.
They also mention that they are accredited by the Australian Professional Fingernail Assosciation.
http://www.nailtechschool.com.au/NTSSA_APFA

I've not heard too much about this association but will be doing further research and updating this post.
Hope this helps to anyone who is looking.

-Coco

PhD is probably not one of the better known brands. CND, EzFlow, Entity, are still a better choice IMO.

APFA is great. They are advocates against MMA and are all for industry regulating.

APFA is great. They are advocates against MMA and are all for industry regulating.

Thankyou! Good to know. I have looked them up and got the same impression from their website.
I am now leaning more towards this school but I wish they used a different brand (I like CND personally). I should ask if there is a particular reason they use this product.
Here is a link to the APFA if anyone needs:
Australian Professional Fingernails Association

Thankyou again so much!

-Coco

hi, i am new to adelaide. just moved here from Brisbane. im looking at studying at advanced nails and beauty. just wondering what your thoughts are?

i love young nails, ive already done nails cert but want to refresh. i use to go to young nails demo plays once a month.

Cheers Jess

HI Coco :)

I am in Australia and am currently studying my Cert II with ViVid Nail Academy. I thank the nail gods for the day I found them. Viv Simmonds runs the company and is known world wide for her excellence. There are so many things that I love about ViVid; amazing educators, outstanding products, excellent support...but most of all is the opportunity to continue training beyond the Cert II and continue to build on your skills. I have not even finished my Cert II yet and I have already signed up for some advanced courses.
This is the link to the section on their website about the Cert II Certificate II Nail Technology

If you have a look under the Our Australian Team tab you will be able to see pics and info on the amazing team in South Australia.

Contact Francine Hodgins through Chic Nails and Beauty with Style she has been in the industry forever and will point you in the right direction
Mention Carl Anderson referred you ...

Latest posts

Back