best nail strengthener

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoMo

Reaction score
I just recently took my enhancements off, well picked them off, and I'm looking for a good strengthener for my nails. The are thin and bend easily and they also split on the end sometimes. I'm keeping them fairly short right now until they gain some strength. What would be the best way to care for them and what nail treatment would you suggest? Thanks

ouch!!! why did u pick them off?!!

I just recently took my enhancements off, well picked them off, and I'm looking for a good strengthener for my nails. The are thin and bend easily and they also split on the end sometimes. I'm keeping them fairly short right now until they gain some strength. What would be the best way to care for them and what nail treatment would you suggest? Thanks

First of all, BAD GIRL! No wonder they're thin and bendy!:irked: I notice from your profile you're not a tech and have no intention of being one. Have you seen your usual tech? You'll get told off, but she/he could give you a course of manicures to help get back on track.

Rant over. :hug:

Hiya

The damage done by picking the enhancements off cant be repaired and will need to grow out. To help i would advise to keep them short and use plenty of Solar Oil. Creative Toughen Up is very good to use as a base coat as it only adds cross links to the topmost layers of the nail it will not harden it....but just adds strength.....the combination of this and solar oil should help lots. x

I broke one and it all went down hill from there. I haven't picked them off in a few years. I don't know what came over me:). They're not TOO bad considering.

if you cant find creative then Nail Envy by OPI is very good aswell.

DONT PICK AGAIN!!! :green:

Becki xxx

I'm keeping them short right now, just to the end of my fingertip and keeping polish on them. Keeping the polish on them seem to help me as I don't pick at them with polish on.

if you cant find creative then Nail Envy by OPI is very good as well.

Becki xxx

Solar Oil and Nail Envy are the two that I used when my nails went thru a bad stage and were peeling and tearing.

I give these two items to all my clients who want to go natural. They grow their nails out in about a month.

:)

Solar Oil and Nail Envy are the two that I used when my nails went thru a bad stage and were peeling and tearing.

I give these two items to all my clients who want to go natural. They grow their nails out in about a month.

:)
I second this,they are a fantastic combination:green:

Might I add that I have never had strong durable natural nails in my whole life. Until I started in the good vits and the above mentioned. Now I am having to file my nails DOWN about every two weeks.

Orly's Nail Defense is a good one to use in your situation.

Hi, don't beat yourself up about it, I'm sure all of us at some time has picked the odd bit of lift!

Anyway, I would certainly recommend finding a tech who uses Nailtiques. They do specific protein forumulas for every kind of nail, they even do a special treatment for after Nail Enhancements for just this kind of problem.

I had to remove my nail extensions for college and my natural nails were so week, I used Nail Magic its the best, my natural nails have never been in such good condition, well worth the £6 from my local suppliers.

Solar Oil .... lots of it!

One other thing to point out - if you decide to buy something over the counter, look at the ingredients - some products contain formaldahyde which many people can be allergic to. Also, a lot of these products have the opposite effect on your nails. i.e. they can go from soft, and thin to brittle and therefore still break. Whatever you decide, my advice would definately get a professional product.

I find nailtiques are brilliant at helping my nails grow.

One other thing to point out - if you decide to buy something over the counter, look at the ingredients - some products contain formaldahyde which many people can be allergic to. Also, a lot of these products have the opposite effect on your nails. i.e. they can go from soft, and thin to brittle and therefore still break. Whatever you decide, my advice would definately get a professional product.

Very good info there San. Formaldahyde can dehydrate the nail.

Thank you all very much for your help. I decided to try OPI Nail Envy and see how that works. Thanks a bunch!

Latest posts

Back