Best non soak gel varnish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlemiss1t

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have used Vinylux before but have found the removal on feet to be an absolute nightmare.

Which would you say is the best non soak off / non curing gel varnish - if there is such a thing?

I am happy to invest into a new system but I would prefer, being mobile as well a non curing / soaking gel varnish?

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance.

Carly xx

Fastest way to remove Vinylux on toes is to wrap in foil like you would fingers for gel polish removal.

Gel Polish is designed to be cured/soaked off so not sure what kind of product you are hoping for.

Do you mean long lasting Nail Polish but not as hard wearing as Vinylux?

Thank you for your response.

I used an Avon gel polish - my Mum gave it to me as it wasn't the right colour and they last really well with Seche top coat. Remove with normal varnish remover, so no light box or wrapping to soak so was wondering if there was any make out there that is a "gel" like varnish without having to soak or set / cure?

Carly xx

A polish that is not light cured (UV or LED) is not a Gel, it's just a marketing scam. 'Gel' is viewed as lightweight, shiny and super long lasting, so companies are jumping on the word 'gel' and using it to market normal polishes. So no, there is nothing like you are asking for, certainly not in the professional world. Yes, lots of brands sold in Superdrug, Boots, BarryM, etc. have 'gel' varnish, but they are not Gels in the real sense. They're just super shiny normal polishes.

I'm also still confused about what you are looking for. You want a hard wearing Polish I'm assuming, but not as hard wearing as Vinylux. If removal is an issue I'd be reviewing your removal methods rather than looking for a whole new system. Better to have a polish that's hard to get off than one that doesn't stay on.

I like OPI Infinite Shine. It last longer than Vinylux and the removal is easy. Its a regular polish not a gel btw.

Another vote for Vinylux here, can easily get 10 days wear without any chipping :)

Dazzle Dry. It dries in 5 mins and can last 7-14 days but clients can get close to 3 weeks or more. It does not dry out the nails at all and removes liek polish with acetone or polish remover. It's absolutely amazing. I've been using it for 5 years. It is not available in the UK yet but they are getting a lot of media coverage as of late and I'm sure it will be there soon. Check my social media for my clients experience.

Dr. Vivian Valenty is amazing. She is a chemist in her 70's and created the first gel top coat, Pro Finish in the 90's. She sold her patent and went on to create a bunch of other cosmetic products along with Dazzle Dry.

Dazzle Dry. It dries in 5 mins and can last 7-14 days but clients can get close to 3 weeks or more. It does not dry out the nails at all and removes liek polish with acetone or polish remover. It's absolutely amazing. I've been using it for 5 years. It is not available in the UK yet but they are getting a lot of media coverage as of late and I'm sure it will be there soon. Check my social media for my clients experience.

Dr. Vivian Valenty is amazing. She is a chemist in her 70's and created the first gel top coat, Pro Finish in the 90's. She sold her patent and went on to create a bunch of other cosmetic products along with Dazzle Dry.

Sorry but dazzledry isn't all that. Nothing personal, darling.

Like I've said before, im a researcher. On this subject I know when people are bs'ing since I know so much about the in's and out's of the business. And if you want proof, Ive ripped some quotes directly off from her website that shows the fallacy of hers and most products: https://dazzledry.com/pages/about-vivian

" I realized that my talent was creating products that not only solved problems but did so in a natural, healthy way."
If shes a bio chemist, she should be the first to know that "natural" is far from healthy. Pee is natural. Drink it. Volcanoes are natural; take a dive in it. Youll be one with nature alright.

"Early on, I learned about the dangers of artificial nail enhancements. "
All nail products can be dangerous if you use it incorrectly, including products from the best company, like CND.

"Not only do they utilize chemicals that are known skin sensitizers and health hazards but their gel counterparts also require frequent exposure to UV-A light"
All products can cause skin problems if you use it incorrectly or dont take precautions to prevent skin allergies. Low quality products tend to give more allergies becus presence of certain chemicals. Being exposed to the UV curing light once every 3 weeks will do exactly NOTHING. Gimme a break.

"2007 my own line of nail lacquers free from harmful chemicals, animal byproducts, and animal testing. "
I guess its a green light to test the products on actual human beans then!

So as you can see, if you mess with the beast, you'll get the horns. What I will compliment is this: the packaging looks great.

Last edited:

Like I've said before, im a researcher. On this subject I know when people are bs'ing since I know so much about the in's and out's of the business. And if you want proof, Ive ripped some quotes directly off from her website that shows the fallacy of hers and most products: https://dazzledry.com/pages/about-vivian

" I realized that my talent was creating products that not only solved problems but did so in a natural, healthy way."
If shes a bio chemist, she should be the first to know that "natural" is far from healthy. Pee is natural. Drink it. Volcanoes are natural; take a dive in it. Youll be one with nature alright.

"Early on, I learned about the dangers of artificial nail enhancements. "
All nail products can be dangerous if you use it incorrectly, including products from the best company, like CND.

"Not only do they utilize chemicals that are known skin sensitizers and health hazards but their gel counterparts also require frequent exposure to UV-A light"
All products can cause skin problems if you use it incorrectly or dont take precautions to prevent skin allergies. Low quality products tend to give more allergies becus presence of certain chemicals. Being exposed to the UV curing light once every 3 weeks will do exactly NOTHING. Gimme a break.

"2007 my own line of nail lacquers free from harmful chemicals, animal byproducts, and animal testing. "

So as you can see, if you mess with the beast, you'll get the horns. What I will compliment is this: the packaging looks great.

Still awaiting evidence of your credentials as a "Researcher". Identify yourself, who actually is Tuan?? Why should we trust your opinions when you are just an anonymous name on SG?! Unless you can back up your claims your opinions are of little value.

How patronising!

Sadly you sound bitter and spiteful rather than knowledgeable and helpful

Last edited:
I've got a sneaking suspicion Tuan is the BFG.

So I have taken a screenshot of Tuan's message and sent it to Dr Valenty. Dr Valenty is HIGHLY respected in the nail industry and holds several patents and I felt that it was only fair that she had the choice to respond if she so wishes.

There are positives and negatives for all products, and fortunately we have a lot of choice so we can find products and a company that we prefer to work with. Personally, I have only read very positive comments from Nail Techs about Dazzle Dry, where is it pretty well known in the US as the company supports a lot of Nail Tech events.

I don't think that I need to add any further comments. Folks are smart enough to make their own decisions :)

Dr. Valenty is an amazing woman, chemist and inspiration. I've spoken with her a handful of times in person and she is full of SO much information that makes sense. She is also KIND about it and doesn't attack peoples opinions in a demeaning manor. I always show up unannounced and she always takes the time to talk to me for over an hour! Who else does that in this industry? Most times, I can't even get an MSDS sheet from a company without pestering them for a while. All I can say is after 5 years of using the product and recent client testimonials, the results don't lie. I used to be a CND tech and for my own reasons, no longer use it along with other companies nail products. I did my research and found out what products work for me and my clients. None of my past gel polish clients will ever go back to it, they love Dazzle Dry. That's not saying everyone will make that choice, that's just my experience over here, with the little amount that I have. This is why it's important to do your own R&D and not heavily rely on others opinions until you do so.

So I have taken a screenshot of Tuan's message and sent it to Dr Valenty.

I want to make clear: this is a critique of her product, not her personally. And you already know what I have to say about the product. Im indifferent to her seeing this or not.

Dr. Valenty is an amazing woman, chemist and inspiration. I've spoken with her a handful of times in person and she is full of SO much information that makes sense.

This thread is about BEST Non Soak Gel, its not about how good of a person Mrs Valenty is. I've already shown the fallacy in her product.

At this point, you guys probably think im some sort of super jerk. I can assure you that im not. Every thing that I do is for yall, as hard as that is to believe.

You guys keep asking me for evidence and credentials. I keep repeating that theres no hard evidence and its a matter of experience and knowledge. You can't always prove something that you know. And I know how products are made and the business behind nail products.

As consumers and professionals, the dollar you give to these companies supports the continuation of bad and good products. Its...then...vital that good companies are supported fully, thoroughly, and loyally. But as you can see, just knowing what makes a good company proves to be extremely difficult.

Last edited:
I want to make clear: this is a critique of her product, not her personally. And you already know what I have to say about the product. Im indifferent to her seeing this or not.

This thread is about BEST Non Soak Gel, its not about how good of a person Mrs Valenty is. I've already shown the fallacy in her product.

At this point, you guys probably think im some sort of super jerk. I can assure you that im not. Every thing that I do is for yall, as hard as that is to believe.

You guys keep asking me for evidence and credentials. I keep repeating that theres no hard evidence and its a matter of experience and knowledge. You can't always prove something that you know. And I know how products are made and the business behind nail products.

As consumers and professionals, the dollar you give to these companies supports the continuation of bad and good products. Its...then...vital that good companies are supported fully, thoroughly, and loyally. But as you can see, just knowing what makes a good company proves to be extremely difficult.
Unless you talk about the product formulation you are not effectively critiquing the product.

You basically just threw a bunch of statements from the site and picked them apart. Want to be an expert? Be an expert, but do so with facts, as you said. We are talking about products if you don't want to make it personal then stick to them - let's talk about product formulation not the company or the chemist.

You throw your expertise around like it means something. Your opinion here is worth the same as everyone else's. This is a social community of beauty professionals, so unless you value people's opinions and are respectful you will not have any of the same in return. Your tone has been terrible, full of contempt and judgement. If you are aiming for people here to listen to you I'd recommend you change that. Unless you don't want to and that's also mighty fine.

On the topic: to be honest I find regular nail varnish longevity connected to nail prep as much as it is connected to Gel or any other long term nail enhancing product. I can get two weeks for my clients if I do my regular prep and they follow their after care with any varnish I use. Formulation wise I haven't found a pro brand that I find is consistent across colour and thickness (application), sadly.

Unless you talk about the product formulation you are not effectively critiquing the product.
I talked about the encompassing science and business aspect of it. So essentially I am talking about the product formulation. Businesses are made up of departments. The science/R&D department is a very expensive department to have, which is why most don't have one. Even though shes a chemist, she's still limited in her ability to make a good gel product because it requires R&D in other areas. So can you see how this has an affect on product formulation?

You basically just threw a bunch of statements from the site and picked them apart.
Mission statements are important because it shows how a business will be predominantly runned. The road shes taking is the "healthy" one. Its a road many bad products take. Does that mean that her product is bad? No. It will most likely be average.

You throw your expertise around like it means something. Your opinion here is worth the same as everyone else's.
I throw my expertise around so that its not worth the same as everyone else's. On some things, yes, the opinion is worth the same. On others, no, WHICH IS WHY I THROW MY EXPERTISE AROUND. Jesus Christ.

I must admit though that those were very good critiques. You put me into deep thought for a while and made me second guess myself a couple of times.

Last edited:
Tuan your arrogance knows no limits. If , as you say your knowledge comes from research then you DO have something to back up your statements so show it and prove that you are not all hot air.Though I doubt now if anyone on here will want to listen to anything you have to say . In my 16 years of being a member on here I have never come across anyone quite so full of themselves as you are . It's a helpful site with good advice coupled with a respect amongst fellow technicians and developers alike ....until you came along that is :mad::mad::mad:

Tuan your arrogance knows no limits. If , as you say your knowledge comes from research then you DO have something to back up your statements so show it and prove that you are not all hot air.Though I doubt now if anyone on here will want to listen to anything you have to say . In my 16 years of being a member on here I have never come across anyone quite so full of themselves as you are . It's a helpful site with good advice coupled with a respect amongst fellow technicians and developers alike ....until you came along that is :mad::mad::mad:

Great things can come from very weird, mundane, and unexpected places. In your 16 years of tenure on this website, everyone says and do the same thing. That means that there's no REAL innovation at all. And that's what I do. I innovate in EVERYTHING that I do. You are talking to a very intelligent person. Seriously, Ive always excelled above my peers in everything.

The evidence is a sequence of events, knowledge, and conclusions. Its essentially a story. There's no hard evidence to show you.

Like Ive said, you guys think im arrogant. Thats your problem. Im just telling things how it is. You can listen to techs who do the same thing over and over or you can align yourself with me and become even better at what you do. Your choice.

Last edited:
You are troll. Not sure what the mods policy is on these cases but if they decide to do nothing well, carry on trolling. Hopefully you get to troll enough threads people will get to know you and start ignoring you.
You are also now blocked, so bless that feature.

You are troll. Not sure what the mods policy is on these cases but if they decide to do nothing well, carry on trolling. Hopefully you get to troll enough threads people will get to know you and start ignoring you.

Ive been called a troll many times in many different professions because I innovate. I bring about new ideas that can be hard to grasp. Even some great scientist has been called trolls by their peers but later made huge strides.

So you can call me a troll all you want. But my unshakable confidence comes from a strong understanding of whats at hand. Ive done all the research so I can relay it back to you guys.

The mods cant do anything because ive done nothing wrong and Ive attacked no one. These debates on gels is a matter of opinion and mines is just that.

Latest posts

Back