Best oil for dry skin on legs?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elliebee

Reaction score
Title says it all really.

I have really dry, flaky skin on my shins.

Am thinking an oil may be better than a lotion but there are so many to choose from.

What would the skin geeks recommend? x

Have you tried using emollients for exzema like doublebase gel.You can buy it in big tubs.
If you want to try oil go for a vegetable oil.Eve Taylor and other aromatherapy supplies sell carrier oils for massage.They also sell massage oils which have essential oils mixed in for dry skin.
Particularly look at Advocado,wheat germ and jojoba.

Thanks Gillian,

I actually have diprobase cream but find it quite greasy.

The reason I was asking about oil is that I've noticed my legs feel much better after they've had a bit of jasmine oil applied after waxing.

Soft but not greasy.

Maybe I should just stick with Jasmine Oil but was wondering if anyone might suggest a tried and tested alternative.

I suffer from scarring on my legs which can get really dry and I find using e45 oil in the bath before bed is good. It's hideously greasy but once it's soaked in it really helps and only needs to be used a few times when my legs get really dry. Then use palmers body butter/lotion stuff.
Not very exciting but cheap and works! Xx

Thanks Gillian,

I actually have diprobase cream but find it quite greasy.

The reason I was asking about oil is that I've noticed my legs feel much better after they've had a bit of jasmine oil applied after waxing.

Soft but not greasy.

Maybe I should just stick with Jasmine Oil but was wondering if anyone might suggest a tried and tested alternative.

Doublebase gel isn't greasy.
Jasmine oil is basically like baby oil it is a mineral oil.There is also no real jasmine essential oil in it only parfume.Jasmine essential oil is actually a powerful emmenagogue so it would not be a good essential oil to put in an oil that is used on womens nether regions.
Mineral oil will form a protective layer on your skin to prevent moisture escaping whereas a vegetable oil will nourish and sink into the skin more which is why only vegetable oils are used as carriers for essential oils in aromatherapy and good skincare ranges.They also contain natural essential fatty acids,vitamin e etc. but its whatever works for you.

Pure shea butter if you can get hold of some is fabulous for dry skin.

If not, try good old olive oil. Magnificent.
:D

Latest posts

Back