Best pedicure tips?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
Trying not to make offers on pedicures atm but want them to be so very enjoyable that everyone rebooks regularly instead of just a treat

So I wondered if we could start a thread with your best pedicure tips, what is it about your pedi that people love, what bits have you tweaked or added in to make it super special?

The bit people always remark about is the massage so I do put every effort into that, oh and the lemon and sage scrub I use has everyone remarking on the aroma.

How about you?

Before re-opening I sent a photo of a new "addition" to my pedicure and asked them to vote on which they preferred. It generated a lot of excitement for little effort on my part.

They are effervescent soak balls to add to the water in the foot bath. Cuccio is a real spa treatment with good scrubs, lovely soaks, butters and lotions.
Preferences came in and everyone said that they couldn't wait to have one.

Milk and honey got the most votes,
Pomegranate and fig, followed by Sea salt. (One client said it would be lovely to have the sea salt as it will remind her of the summer holiday we may not be having this year which I thought was rather poetic.)

I still use a foaming soak but when I bring the bowl to them I let them choose which fizz ball they want.
It's a little easy addition, and per service doesn't cost the earth.

Before re-opening I sent a photo of a new "addition" to my pedicure and asked them to vote on which they preferred. It generated a lot of excitement for little effort on my part.

They are effervescent soak balls to add to the water in the foot bath. Cuccio is a real spa treatment with good scrubs, lovely soaks, butters and lotions.

Pomegranate and fig, followed by Sea salt. (One client said it would be lovely to have the sea salt as it will remind her of the summer holiday we may not be having this year which I thought was rather poetic.)

I still use a foaming soak but when I bring the bowl to them I let them choose which fizz ball they want.
Lovely idea! :)

Ooh yes, I trained with the detox soaks and I loved them. I did think they were rather expensive though...How much water do you use Rosie? When I trained with Cuccio we used a nice deep (Stainless steel catering) bowl with a lot more water which I felt was impractical for us as we have stairs. My bellava bowl is quite shallow, so I only use about 4 litres of water

I buy gehwohl foot bath salts from www.myfootcaresupplies.co.uk and I call my pedicure an aromatherapy pedicure as the foot salts have lavender, rosemary and thyme essential oils. I do love the idea of effervescence though. How long do the little balls foam for Rosie?

I also have bellava bases which was one of my better investments. They last ages, I’ve done hundreds of pedicures on mine. They vibrate and have a heated base. I place clients feet on the (covered) base when I’m doing gels to add a bit more experience. its also nice to have a foot base for the client to rest her feet on during the non foot soak bits of a pedi.

Years ago I bought lots of different massage creams to see which ones clients preferred. Kaeso body sorbet came out tops, and it’s vegan - another plus for me as I offer vegan options for all my services. Body sorbet has a grapefruit fragrance which is very uplifting. it works very well with my foot soak choice.

I also think that music makes a difference. I try and play less familiar music, recently I’ve got very into romantic classical style piano and strings music that works very well for massage. I get a lot of ideas off Spotify and my Amazon recommendations.

Ooh yes, I trained with the detox soaks and I loved them. I did think they were rather expensive though...How much water do you use Rosie? When I trained with Cuccio we used a nice deep (Stainless steel catering) bowl with a lot more water which I felt was impractical for us as we have stairs. My bellava bowl is quite shallow, so I only use about 4 litres of water

I buy gehwohl foot bath salts from www.myfootcaresupplies.co.uk and I call my pedicure an aromatherapy pedicure as the foot salts have lavender, rosemary and thyme essential oils. I do love the idea of effervescence though. How long do the little balls foam for Rosie?

I also have bellava bases which was one of my better investments. They last ages, I’ve done hundreds of pedicures on mine. They vibrate and have a heated base. I place clients feet on the (covered) base when I’m doing gels to add a bit more experience. its also nice to have a foot base for the client to rest her feet on during the non foot soak bits of a pedi.

Years ago I bought lots of different massage creams to see which ones clients preferred. Kaeso body sorbet came out tops, and it’s vegan - another plus for me as I offer vegan options for all my services. Body sorbet has a grapefruit fragrance which is very uplifting. it works very well with my foot soak choice.

I also think that music makes a difference. I try and play less familiar music, recently I’ve got very into romantic classical style piano and strings music that works very well for massage. I get a lot of ideas off Spotify and my Amazon recommendations.

The detox soaks are expensive ,but the fizz balls are a very good price in comparison.
The balls are around the size of a mint imperial. You can use two in the water of an average bowl, but as I use a complimentary fragranced squirt of foot soak the balls are a novelty addition which they get to choose. So Just the one in the bowl. Think it's about 30 seconds fizzing, but to be honest I am busy so I don't notice once it has been plopped in!
I will pay more attention tomorrow!
I would say if a bath sized fizz bomb is used for a bath ,then sized down 1 or 2 fizz balls is plenty for a washing up bowl.
It has been nice to offer pedicures once again and add to my pedicures something new, and it's been well received.

What music does everyone play?
Great tips so far, thank you xx

Relaxing salon music from iChill
(License free)

People always comment on my foot massage. I think that is one of the more important parts of a good pedicure. I've had pedicures where the tech just applies lotion. Crap, I can do that myself. I go for the massage and the polish.

So, in my opinion a great massage and good polish skills are essential.

Hope this helps! :)

Wish I lived near you it sounds fabulous God knows we all deserve something special to look forward too our feet no mask required Yet!

I use Spotify for music inspiration research. I’ve switched to modern classical music but not whole orchestras, just one or two musicians playing piano or strings and piano. As it’s just me and a client, quiet and tranquil feels appropriate.

Luke Faulkner, Dan Evmark, Per-Olov Kindgren.

I usually play cello music in facials - but it sounds too heartbreakingly sad at present. Andrea Bauer Cello Songs for silence will have to wait for a bit, can’t have my clients blubbing on my sheets.

Latest posts

Back