Best polish for French (not gel)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carrsa09

Reaction score
Hello!

I have a client (not seen her yet) who's on lots of medications and says that no gel stays put and always chips so she would prefer I use normal polish for a French manicure that she can remove really easily herself. I literally have no normal polish as nobody wants it and I do mostly acrylic anyway!

Does anyone have any recommendations??

I've also recommended IBX treatments in the run up to the wedding (that she wants french polish for)

Any advice would be appreciated!! X

Vinylux stays well and the layers dry quickly

I have a lot of eldely clients and those with poor health so I am still needing good quality nail polish. It is annoying to have so many bottles that get so infrequently used.
My solution for you are the small sized collections :-
Morgan Taylor - I love their polish ( currently have on sale the colour of petals collection- it is so nice)
OPI - gorgeous again -small sizes again are great.
Cuccio, IBD, China glaze - not expensive and have loads of choice. Strong adhesion base coats, reactive top coats for quick drying etc..

Some of my clients bring their own polish or I get it for them so that they have their own for touch ups, so you need not worry about what they do once they leave you.
When is she due ?
RosieR

I have a lot of eldely clients and those with poor health so I am still needing good quality nail polish. It is annoying to have so many bottles that get so infrequently used.
My solution for you are the small sized collections :-
Morgan Taylor - I love their polish ( currently have on sale the colour of petals collection- it is so nice)
OPI - gorgeous again -small sizes again are great.
Cuccio, IBD, China glaze - not expensive and have loads of choice. Strong adhesion base coats, reactive top coats for quick drying etc..

Some of my clients bring their own polish or I get it for them so that they have their own for touch ups, so you need not worry about what they do once they leave you.
When is she due ?
RosieR
Brill thanks, I'll look at all of those! Thankfully she just wants french so I'll grab french to start and maybe add so I have a small collection! She's not due till August but will see be soon for consultation and IBX Treatments, would you try your gels on her just to see? I'm not sure if I should or not!

Brill thanks, I'll look at all of those! Thankfully she just wants french so I'll grab french to start and maybe add so I have a small collection! She's not due till August but will see be soon for consultation and IBX Treatments, would you try your gels on her just to see? I'm not sure if I should or not!

I have just trialled one client with my gels on her two little fingers actually only this week. She is very hard on her hands and picks, chews all the skin around her cuticles. So yes go ahead after your consultation and maybe first manicure, gain her confidence and then you may naturally encourage it so why not?
It will get it out of your mind if it is a failure and does damage the nail plate, but it may help her to accept occasional gels with recovery time afterwards, if needed.
I hope that makes sense.
Remember you are the expert and as you haven't seen them yet they could be absolutely the worst nails you will ever see, who knows! So you may change your mind about what is actually possible in the time scale.
Good luck

I have just trialled one client with my gels on her two little fingers actually only this week. She is very hard on her hands and picks, chews all the skin around her cuticles. So yes go ahead after your consultation and maybe first manicure, gain her confidence and then you may naturally encourage it so why not?
It will get it out of your mind if it is a failure and does damage the nail plate, but it may help her to accept occasional gels with recovery time afterwards, if needed.
I hope that makes sense.
Remember you are the expert and as you haven't seen them yet they could be absolutely the worst nails you will ever see, who knows! So you may change your mind about what is actually possible in the time scale.
Good luck
Yes very ture!! I'm going to book her in hopefully for next week so will see! Thanks so much for your advice! Xx

Yes very ture!! I'm going to book her in hopefully for next week so will see! Thanks so much for your advice! Xx

Yes, get her in as soon as you can, retail nail oil so she can help herself to better nail care at home.
Good luck x

Latest posts

Back