Best products for hair ups?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdawson24

Reaction score
Hi there,

Just curious what products you would use for the really pretty curly updo's that are big this summer, i've attached a pic below. When I do it the hair always seems too soft. Would seasalt spray work?

Thanks,
C

Attachments

• evalongoria.jpg
    evalongoria.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 18,789
Someone on here gave me the excellent tip of putting a small bit of mousse in dry hair before curling. Work it through like a serum with your fingers before tonging and it helps to hold them without being crunchy or sticky like hairspray can.

I also love got2b powder'ful volumising powder for back combing (I know it's not professional but it bloody works). x

Swartkof (sorry cant spell) black silhouette is brill hairspray. U cud take pins out and hair still in same spot:)

I love Paul Mitchell freeze and shine for doing hair ups and curls x

I'll be sure to buy all of those products, so addicted to buying hair stuff just now! lol

I love hair dust at the roots and Moroccan oil to smooth each section then a strong hairspray to finish!

Dry in loreal techni art PLI wet or dry hair thoroughly to prep the hair up / curls x

sorry for jumping in to your thread, just wondered when putting hair up do you prefer to curl with straighteners or tongs?

sorry for jumping in to your thread, just wondered when putting hair up do you prefer to curl with straighteners or tongs?

Straighteners x

And to the OP after party, silhouette black hairspray, macadamia oil spray, headrush x

Last edited:
I love curling with a wand it's quick and easy also patrick Cameron advised it on one of his recent hair up courses. Brill x

Tongs, wand or heated rollers :)

The hair wand is a magic wand! The curls are beautiful. I've been checking out some products, for some reason I thought that using a seaspray would be quite good for texture x

Latest posts

Back