Best professional henna brow products?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lauren_86

Reaction score
Hi all,

I currently offer henna brows and it’s been very popular treatment. However the development time seems to take forever. I get the best results when the henna is left on for 1hr 30mims. Although it says 45mims I personally find this too short in terms of depth of colour, in salon I can’t spend more than 1hr 15mims on the treatment. I was wondering if anyone uses a different brand where the development time is quicker? The brand I currently use are CC Brows. Iv been looking at eleebana brows and henna spa. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thank you I’m advance.

I use Mina Henna. I've not tried anything else. Development times are 15-25 mins. Max.

How much colour depth do you want? I'm very happy with Mina - so much so that I decided to train for them. I'm half Indian so my brows are naturally black but they I have a "hole" in one brow, so I fill both with dark taupe brow make up, usually. I can carry off a near black shadow if I want, but that's more my evening look. With Mina I don't touch my brows with make up day or night for 3 weeks.

Mina henna can be strong and intense or soft and subtle. I have lots of ladies who don't normally make up their brows but who want to replace the lost colour as they go grey. They return monthly for top ups but they still have some colour remaining.

Thank you, that sounds so much better. I just find when I leave the henna on for 45mins it’s not long enough for some ladies and also myself. I have blonde/brown hair but like a brown brow. Il
Certainly give Mina a try. Where is best to order from?

I am using hello henna brows and it is brilliant, 10-25 mins needed

Supercilium is great

Get in touch with /minabrowhenna.com

You will need training to make sure you understand how to get the best from it - talk to Kerry and she will advise you. They'll be a trainer nearer you.

Hi i use Henna Spa Brow. I have done for about 2 years now. I henna between 10-25 minutes, 7 shades and i customis it between customers. I did have a little hiccup at the begining with no staining and through trial and error iv managed to eradicate this.

My only issue with Henna Spa Brow is that there isnt really a community regarding therapist, training and hints and tips.

I like their products but i would change if i came across a nother brnad with a better forum basis.

This isnt the best image but i would say this is a soft, cool, blonde. The lady in question wears tan that 'tints' her brows a yellowish colour. but they are practically white blonde. she goes about 4 weeks still with an actual henna hair stain ( Tint only usualy lasts her a few days)

Attachments

• IMG_0370.JPG
    IMG_0370.JPG
    621.7 KB · Views: 517
All brands I'm off to check out now, but could any of you tell me why none I've found so far offer a tint for grey? Or have cooler tones? Not all of my clients will be able to use even light brown. It'll look odd [emoji33] appreciate any help & guidance[emoji16] x

I was puzzled by this too - but I find that blonde and light brown work very well especially if you ombré the two

Sorry to butt in but what makes henna better than an ordinary Tint?

I was puzzled by this too - but I find that blonde and light brown work very well especially if you ombré the two

I've contacted Mina brows...hoping to hear back soon about the training date you mentioned in Feb....realise I could have missed it[emoji33][emoji85]

Hi Hannah, if you can get to Bath, contact me direct, otherwise Mina Brows HQ will direct you to your nearest trainer. I think there are 30 of us.

[email protected]

Robin, the main difference is that henna lasts longer. Many of my clients have monthly brow treatments. Normal tint lasts 2 weeks and then fades significantly. If your client wants to come in every 2 weeks then normal tint is fine, but if she likes a monthly treatment she'll be happier and you'll make more money if you offer henna.

The other important difference is that the colour is more intense. On a fine brow normal tint doesn't make a huge difference because a dark fine hair isn't much more visible than a fair fine hair. Henna gives a glossy sheen on the brow so the colour is reflected back, making the fine hair more visible. In this way you can make a noticeable difference without going too dark for the client's skin.

My older ladies are really happy with the results.

The final difference is fashion. Fashion is moving away from heavily made-up brows and Instagram perfection. A natural brow is in - but no-one is quite ready to embrace their truely natural brow. It's kind of the difference between caked on mascara and a softer, more natural look. Henna gives enough of a boost that you don't really need to add make up.

Hi Hannah, if you can get to Bath, contact me direct, otherwise Mina Brows HQ will direct you to your nearest trainer. I think there are 30 of us.

[email protected]
Hey, I've sent you an email. I'll wait to hear from you. Cheers for the info [emoji1303]x

I trained in Mina and I love it but it’s very expensive £33 for a top up which would be fine but it’s a minimum delivery charge of £9 that’s £42 for one box of henna colour [emoji22]

I trained in Mina and I love it but it’s very expensive £33 for a top up which would be fine but it’s a minimum delivery charge of £9 that’s £42 for one box of henna colour [emoji22]
Heavens......how many treatments do you get out of those packets?? X

Robin, the main difference is that henna lasts longer. Many of my clients have monthly brow treatments. Normal tint lasts 2 weeks and then fades significantly. If your client wants to come in every 2 weeks then normal tint is fine, but if she likes a monthly treatment she'll be happier and you'll make more money if you offer henna.

The other important difference is that the colour is more intense. On a fine brow normal tint doesn't make a huge difference because a dark fine hair isn't much more visible than a fair fine hair. Henna gives a glossy sheen on the brow so the colour is reflected back, making the fine hair more visible. In this way you can make a noticeable difference without going too dark for the client's skin.

My older ladies are really happy with the results.

The final difference is fashion. Fashion is moving away from heavily made-up brows and Instagram perfection. A natural brow is in - but no-one is quite ready to embrace their truely natural brow. It's kind of the difference between caked on mascara and a softer, more natural look. Henna gives enough of a boost that you don't really need to add make up.
Thank you, I’m just getting back into it all and wondering which is the best treatments to train in!

This looks good though expensive

A box holds 12 sachets. Each sachet is enough for at least 3-4 treatments. A lot of my clients have fine brows so I often get 5 treatments out of a sachet. So work on 50 treatments a box. You use a little of several colours rather than a lot of one colour, it's really very economical. Lots of my treatments work out at around 50p a treatment. Clients are paying me for my skill, not the product cost.

Once open, a sachet lasts 2 weeks and is good for a patch test for another 2 weeks after that. So book your henna treatments from the 25th to the 8th of the month and then spend 2 weeks creating demand and doing patch tests for the next sachet opening!

I just did a course today in colouring techniques. One of the therapists usually charges £18 for a tint and shape. She was anxious about charging "as much as £25". After she had her brows done, she loved it so much she totally agreed with the rest of us that it was worth every penny of £35. We discuss ways that you can add perceived value to the client experience so it feels just as lovely as having a facial.

However, as I realise boxes might be a little overkill for those starting out - my trainees can buy from me by the sachet.

Can I have your course details please?

Hi Robin

I'm based in Bath. There are 30 trainers around the Uk and Mina HQ will put you in touch with your nearest. You can contact them through Mina Henna Uk on Facebook, or their website or at Professional Beauty.

I have a very recently started Facebook Mina Henna South West with details of courses pinned to the top or you can contact me [email protected]. All the trainers charge the same prices for courses, some have to charge VAT as well.

I run courses every month. My next course full course for trained therapists is 3rd March and this includes advanced brow shaping techniques.

Latest posts

Back