Best professional magazine??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redsadie

Reaction score
Hiya :)

Now I know there will probably be differing opinions on which is better :lol: but I don't really know of any nail mags (the only one I've really heard of is Scratch).

I have enough money to subscribe to one mag for a year, so was wondering which magazine in your opinion would be the best one and why?

Many thanks in advance

Sarah. xx

p.s I hope I posted this in the right forum, I was going to post it in consumer queries. Should I have done that? I hate making more work for the mods!

I prefer Scratch for nails, but get Pro Beauty as I have an interest in beauty and spa as well. I get occasional free copies from Guild, Nail File, and a couple of others. You could try calling and asking for a free magazine to be sent out so you can compare and subscribe to the one which you prefer HTH:hug:

Hi Rosey, thanks for replying :)

You could try calling and asking for a free magazine to be sent out so you can compare and subscribe to the one which you prefer HTH:hug:

I didn't know you could do that! Would I find the numbers to call on the net if I just put 'nail magazines' into Google?

I have looked in the shops for mags on nails but there don't seem to be any.

Thanks again

Sarah. xx

I subscribe to Scratch and Professional Beauty. But if it's just nails you're looking for then I would definitely recommend Scratch - it's fab!

Hi Debs :)

It is just nails - at the moment! - one thing at a time, although I do want to expand my knowledge and repertoire like yesterday, lol!

So I think that even though I haven't had many replies yet, I think Scratch will be the one I'm going to give my hard earned pound notes to :green:. It's really the only one I have seen talked about on the forum and both of you have recommended it as well, so unless anyone else wants to put in there reasons for a different mag then Scratch it is!

Sarah. xx

i would definately get scratch if you register for tickets for the london olympia show online at Professional Beauty and Professional Spa - Welcome it asks you at the end if you want to recieve a free occassional copy of scratch magazine.this is what i first did and i got sent one not long after.this way you could check it out before you buy.
if they do this offer though anyway it may be worth you phoning to see if they would just send you out a free copy but if they dont you can just do that instead.xxx

I love scratch magazine. It always has a good variety of info, including natural nails, which is great!

Thanks Louise and Cabinkal

i would definately get scratch if you register for tickets for the london olympia show online at Professional Beauty and Professional Spa - Welcome it asks you at the end if you want to recieve a free occassional copy of scratch magazine.this is what i first did and i got sent one not long after.this way you could check it out before you buy.
if they do this offer though anyway it may be worth you phoning to see if they would just send you out a free copy but if they dont you can just do that instead.xxx

I just registered for the North show but it didn't give me the option to get a free magazine ?

Never mind, I think I'm going to subscribe anyway. :)

xx

Scratch is the only mag we have in the UK that is solely dedicated to nails as far as i am aware,
and yes most months it is great, (would be better weekly hint hint Alex :wink2:)
Alex fox is the editor of the mag and is a member on this site, look her up hun and send her a PM i am sure she would be happy to send you a copy :hug:

Alex very kindly sent me a free copy of Scratch and I love it,...I'm gonna subscribe soon too.....defo worth the money :)

That is a bargain price :hug:

Is that $139.00 USA Dollars for Scratch?

Hi hun , i get the scratch mag its really good you must try it.
xxsandraxx

Alex very kindly sent me a free copy of Scratch and I love it,...I'm gonna subscribe soon too.....defo worth the money :)

Me too..its fab, my mum stole it and loved it too!
Its got great free gifts with it if you subscribe before the end of May!
Its my 1st job on Monday. xx

I got a complimentary copy of Scratch a couple of days ago. I can't put it down. It's a great mag, full of info, tips, advice, reviews etc. I love it! I have just ordered my subscription for a year today. Can't wait to get my free gift too.. it's only available til 31st May. :green:

I just subscribed and got a whole load of great LCN goodies:- polishes, coloured gels, acrylics & hand & foot cream. And of course a great magazine!!

Hi Rosey, thanks for replying :)

I didn't know you could do that! Would I find the numbers to call on the net if I just put 'nail magazines' into Google?

I have looked in the shops for mags on nails but there don't seem to be any.

Thanks again

Sarah. xx

You won't find professional magazines in the shops ... they are for the trade not the consumer.

Scratch is the only UK mag just for nails.

The Guild is good though with lots of nail info and some good articles and not dedicated to so much flippin' nail art in its pages (which is pretty to look at maybe but not as relevant in a salon business as the amount of pages taken up by it in Scratch) but many helpful articles to help you in your business.

Thanks for all your replies girls :green:

That's a really good price for a years subscription, so consider me subscribed, lol!

Thanks for the heads up on the Guild magazine too Geeg, I'll take a look at that one as well :)

Sarah. x

I just subscribed and got a whole load of great LCN goodies:- polishes, coloured gels, acrylics & hand & foot cream. And of course a great magazine!!

Sassy, I'm just about to subscribe myself but can't see anything about free goodies. Are they still offering the freebies? And if so, which website did you subscribe on to get the goodies?

Latest posts

Back