best protection against ghd's?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prettylady

Reaction score
i LOVE my ghd's! i have the new large salon styler ones, the hairdresser showed me how to use them he glided them through my hair more slowly than i usually do, BUT i feel my condition is suffering badly!
i do do a deep treatment weekly and use tressame heat defence, but im stil getting dryed out hair?
its feels knackeed..i dont use them daily, maybe every few days..
i bought the ghd heat defence and HATED it made my hair feel dry and rough..

any good heat defence products out there? i need to protect my mane..:rolleyes:

Hi

The thermal protector range is fantastic for this! GHD's heat up to 190degrees - the same temp at which you'd cook a chicken , so protection is paramount. If you visit Nouveau Hair and Beauty they have more info on this.

Good luck!

clynol do a great flat iron spray that has a protective formula for heat up too 200%
i also use a joico "k-pac" treatments and conditioners whcih are excellent

Hi

The thermal protector range is fantastic for this! GHD's heat up to 190degrees - the same temp at which you'd cook a chicken , so protection is paramount. If you visit Nouveau Hair and Beauty they have more info on this.

Good luck!

Most heat up to 232 degree's now :D

Welcome Nouveau or KB :hug:

i think ghd's heat up to around the 180 mark not 100% sure though? i didnt like the ghd protector spray i found also that it made my hair feel rough, did ur own hairdresser recommend any styling products for u?

i use charles worthington on my hair and thats pretty good leaves my hair feeling lovely and soft and gives it a nice shine to

the newer ones heat up to 180 they found that they dont need to be any hotter, the results were the same, im 100% certain of this.

thnaks for the replies girls.

Hi
For the record the ghd iv styler heats to 190 degrees.
The temperature was lowered but the technology inside maintains a higher average temperature through an ultra fast refresh rate...meaning they are as good as 210!
As an example, cordless battery hair straighteners are generally rubish. This is not because they dont get hot enough (some get to 210 now), it is because they lose heat quickly as you run them through hair and dont re heat quick enough hence average temp drops to 140-150 (I have measured this).
So the ghd iv refresh rate means one slow controlled movement should be enough to straighten. ie 1x190 degrees is one movement, if you do it twice its 2x190= 380!!! degrees and so on.
Ghd thermal protector is great but you must select the correct one (there are 3 types).
Also check out Infatreat TP spray, cheaper and very popular.
Remember more important than protector is not repeatedly going over and over your hair!

thanks jonathan, that is very good advice:Kissing:

Latest posts

Back