Best Quality Lashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenx

Reaction score
Hi all you lashers out there :)
I am looking for some info from you all.
Which lashes would you say are the best quality. As in which brands do you think are best - regardless of price.
If you have used a few brands could you also say which brands you have tried and why you think your favourite one is best.
I am particularly interested in loose lashes, synthetic ones on strips and mink or silk ones on strips.

I'm needing to order some lashes and really would like to know which ones are rated the best :)

Thanks so much to those of you who take the time to reply and have a fantastic new year xxxxx

Hi I can't really answer your question, because I have just finished my training with Flirties and I am using Mink lashes, they do look really natural and feel very soft.

I just wanted to say I have had a look on your website, and your lashes look lovely I can't wait to get my speed and and produce lovely lashes like that. At the moment I am only getting about 30 lashes on lol

I am looking forward to hearing what other use and maybe see how they compare.

Hi I can't really answer your question, because I have just finished my training with Flirties and I am using Mink lashes, they do look really natural and feel very soft.

I just wanted to say I have had a look on your website, and your lashes look lovely I can't wait to get my speed and and produce lovely lashes like that. At the moment I am only getting about 30 lashes on lol

I am looking forward to hearing what other use and maybe see how they compare.

Thanks so much Tracie for you kind comments on my lash work, they are quite old pics now, but they are my favourites :) must get some new ones done and add them as well. 30 per eye isn't bad, when I started I was 25 lashes per eye in 3 1/2 hrs lol. I was really slow, but practice gets you there and speeds you up with every set. I'm still not the fastest at it, but getting there xxx

I haven't tried the flirties lashes, but i must admit that I do like the Mink ones as well :) xxxx

Looking forward to seeing what response we get with this one, and what ones come out top :) xxx

Pushing this up to the top Jen :) You know what lashes I use but for the benefit of those who dont I have tried

AH Francis - Love them, about £30 a tray of mink but appear to be much better quality than

Lash base - Cheap and chearful but can be a bit brittle

Both last well but feel that is down to the glue rather than the lash

Obviously all my own opinion :)

Hi Jen,

I have used lash base, great as they are cheap, but prefer the eyelash emporium lashes quality and the price is fab aswell, they also do really good promotions!

Hope that helps :hug:

Im currently using Eyelash Emporiam Lashes also and not had any problems with them. I use the ones on the strips too as makes it so much quicker for applying! xx

Hi Jen,

I cant comment on what brand to use - as I am a wholesaler and have my own brand it would definitely be a biased opinion! lol
As far as which type I use Id have to say silk are my fav - same softness as mink but without the issues of allergic reactions that clients can suffer if they are allergic to animal hair.
I like synthetic too but I find the thicker you go the more brittle they are and wont give a "natural feel"

For loose lashes i use Secret lashes. I've found the quality of the lashes to be very good. They are pre-primed too and come in 1 gram pots.
I was a bit dubious to start with as they are a lot cheaper than most. I ordered just one pot to start with and they looked fine and they even have a silicon pad in the lid of the pot!
I then ordered another couple of pots so i could do a set of lashes. I've been very impressed with them and have nearly 100 pots now-lol
I started out using a top brand name that are 3 times the price for half the amount. I found quite a lot of kinked lashes and rogue lashes with them.
I then tried some really cheap lashes from the internet and they were awful!
I'm very happy with my Secret Lashes.
I haven't tried their silk lashes so can't comment but if anyone has can they let me know please!

Thanks everyone for your input so far, I've had a look at all the sites mentioned so far :)
Ange - 100 lash pots!!!!!!!!!! Jeez, I didn't even know there were that many different lashes lol :)
Hypnotic Lashes, I think most of us here mean faux mink rather than real mink - do you feel the faux mink are similar to the silk ones? I still get a bit confused about the difference between these 2.
I too have used the mink lashes on strips that eyelash emporium sell (although got them from glamlash- same branding on boxes) and so far I think they have been my favourites. I think they are the same as the premium minks from LashBase and the minks from Flirties. I have used the regular minks from lashbase and they are ok, but prefer the other ones.
Also tried some cheap ones off eBay - they were awful. C curls that looked poker straight after 2weeks :(
Not tried the AH Francis but I know that you love them Claudia, would love to try them out.
Thanks everyone and keep them coming xxx

Thanks everyone for your input so far, I've had a look at all the sites mentioned so far :)
Ange - 100 lash pots!!!!!!!!!! Jeez, I didn't even know there were that many different lashes lol :)
Hypnotic Lashes, I think most of us here mean faux mink rather than real mink - do you feel the faux mink are similar to the silk ones? I still get a bit confused about the difference between these 2.
I too have used the mink lashes on strips that eyelash emporium sell (although got them from glamlash- same branding on boxes) and so far I think they have been my favourites. I think they are the same as the premium minks from LashBase and the minks from Flirties. I have used the regular minks from lashbase and they are ok, but prefer the other ones.
Also tried some cheap ones off eBay - they were awful. C curls that looked poker straight after 2weeks :(
Not tried the AH Francis but I know that you love them Claudia, would love to try them out.
Thanks everyone and keep them coming xxx

Just wanted to add the Flirties lashes I have are not the same as from Eyelash Emporium. Although, I did get mine a while ago. Maybe they've changed.

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

I know and I haven't even got any of the .10 lashes yet!
I have all the J, B, C and D lashes from 7mm-15mm and have them all in .15 and .20 and also have all the B lashes in 0.25 as well!
Wouldn't have been able to have so many of the more expensive ones!
I should really try the .10 lashes but i know what i'm like. If i like them i will have to buy them all and that will be about another 36 pots!

Just wanted to add the Flirties lashes I have are not the same as from Eyelash Emporium. Although, I did get mine a while ago. Maybe they've changed.

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

Ah right, sorry about that. I had a look on flirties website and the pic of the mink ones don't show the brand name anymore - from memory I thought they were the ones that said Volumous on the at the top with the yellow/goldish background like on eyelash emporium.
Thanks for that Lee-Ann xxx

I know and I haven't even got any of the .10 lashes yet!
I have all the J, B, C and D lashes from 7mm-15mm and have them all in .15 and .20 and also have all the B lashes in 0.25 as well!
Wouldn't have been able to have so many of the more expensive ones!
I should really try the .10 lashes but i know what i'm like. If i like them i will have to buy them all and that will be about another 36 pots!

Ha ha, that is a fantastic collection Ange :) xxx

Hi
I have used Secret Lashes which are cheaper and ok. Once used some from Glam lash but wasn't that keen on them and they were shorter than other makes.
I prefer Eyelash Emporium lashes.
Hope that helps.

Tara
www.farnhameyelashes.co.uk

Hi, I am new to this site & have just been browsing so far, but thought tonight I would say hi for the first time!! So hi!!

The advice and tips that you ladies give are fab!!

Anyway I have been trained in applying Marvel Lash, they seem to be ok so far, but will def be trying eyelash emporium, as they have different curls/thickness etc whereas Marvel dont seem to have a huge choice :(

Kat x

And does anyone have a good glue they can recommend????

Thanks again ladies - keep them coming :)

Rachel, there are lots of glues out there, if you try searching on here you will get a lot of info on the different types. Depends if you want a fast glue or are just starting out and need a slower glue xxxx

Latest posts

Back