Best remover for Gelish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steph4rose

Reaction score
Hi, I am looking for the best gel remover for soaking off Gelish, I tend to do 2 top coats and when I use the structure gel as well its taking a good 15 minutes to soak through. I have heard of salons doing it in 7-8 minutes, is there anything better I can use?

Hi, I am looking for the best gel remover for soaking off Gelish, I tend to do 2 top coats and when I use the structure gel as well its taking a good 15 minutes to soak through. I have heard of salons doing it in 7-8 minutes, is there anything better I can use?

Hi
I take it you buff the surface layer to remove the shine?
You can also buy a soak off bowl where you put acetone in the top and this bowl sits ontop of another bowl which you can put hot water in. This warms up the acetone and the gel will remove quicker....try to only take 1 nail out of acetone to scrape off at a time as it will start hardening as soon as it hits the air.
I do have clients that take longer than others so it can just depend how the gel adheres to each individual.
Hope this helps

The gelish soak off remover is tailor made for gelish, mine comes off easy within 10 mins, acetone on its own takes forever, get their soak off remover [emoji4]

The gelish soak off remover is tailor made for gelish, mine comes off easy within 10 mins, acetone on its own takes forever, get their soak off remover [emoji4]
The main ingredient of gelish soak off remover is Acetone with a bit of perfume and conditioner added. When soaking off anything warming up the product is more effective.

There are a lot of ingredients in the gelish soak off, it's not just acetone and perfume and I'm speaking from experience, it's a much faster soak off, you don't need to mess around with warming up, just wrap each finger and by the time you've wrapped the last one, the first one is ready to come off x

Is there a reason you do 2 top coats?

The only thing you can use to remove gel is acetone. Make sure you are using pure acetone. The stuff they sell at convenient stores tend to be weaker.

First, file off the top layer of the gel. Be careful, most nail techs will file through the coat into the actual nail, damaging it. Then wrap with acetone and foil. Make sure you are letting it soak for a good 10 mins. Using cuticle pusher, you can then push the gel off of the nail. Usually the tip and the middle section of the nail is the hardest to remove because nt's tend to buff these areas too good. If there are stubborn spots, use the nail file to file it off gently.

Gelish isn't a good brand. It tends to stick too strongly to the nail plate, making it hard to remove. If you scrap too hard youll damage the nails. That is why I recommend OPI for gels. It will swell up and break apart.

Gelish is a good brand and if you follow their system you will have no problems, I trained with nail Harmony and gelish is a fantastic product, personally I think whatever system you choose, you should do a conversion course cos a lot of brands are getting bad mouthed when it's the tech that doesn't understand the little tweaks needed for the product. Pure acetone will remove gelish but I know from experience that it takes a lot longer.

I use the Gelish soak off remover with wraps. Removes within 10 minutes. Some people leave the wraps on too long and the remover evaporates then the gel rehardens.

I File the nail to break the seal, apply the wrap to the nail then do the same on the rest.

By the time I’ve applied them to all 10 nails I go back to the first and it’s usually ready to come off and you can gently push loosened product off of the nail without force.
x

The only thing you can use to remove gel is acetone. Make sure you are using pure acetone. The stuff they sell at convenient stores tend to be weaker.

First, file off the top layer of the gel. Be careful, most nail techs will file through the coat into the actual nail, damaging it. Then wrap with acetone and foil. Make sure you are letting it soak for a good 10 mins. Using cuticle pusher, you can then push the gel off of the nail. Usually the tip and the middle section of the nail is the hardest to remove because nt's tend to buff these areas too good. If there are stubborn spots, use the nail file to file it off gently.

Gelish isn't a good brand. It tends to stick too strongly to the nail plate, making it hard to remove. If you scrap too hard youll damage the nails. That is why I recommend OPI for gels. It will swell up and break apart.

I thought CND were the best last week? Lol you’ve changed your tune [emoji23]

I thought CND were the best last week? Lol you’ve changed your tune [emoji23]

I made a thread about me not supporting Shellac, lol. I actually called CND up and complained to them. They sent me a some products but I know it will be the same story. Im throwing away all of my Shellac products.

Thanks all, I will go back to Gelish soak off and see how I get on with it again as I used it before and didn't find it as good but perhaps I didn't pre buff as well. I do 2 top coats as I have noticed that for some people it helps to prevent chips where some people have weaker nails.

Thanks all, I will go back to Gelish soak off and see how I get on with it again as I used it before and didn't find it as good but perhaps I didn't pre buff as well. I do 2 top coats as I have noticed that for some people it helps to prevent chips where some people have weaker nails.
Tip, use the tiniest amount of cotton wool, so you can practically see through it, if you use too much, it will just hold the liquid instead of soaking the product off xx

Obviously goes without saying don’t file too much but make sure you are filing through the top coat as it’s acetone resistant so will make soaking off a lot harder if you haven’t buffed through it, especially with 2 coats of top coat x

Tip, use the tiniest amount of cotton wool, so you can practically see through it, if you use too much, it will just hold the liquid instead of soaking the product off xx

That’s really helpful, thank you.
I was assuming it would be the other way around x

Lol. Thats pretty interesting. Could you elaborate how this works a bit more? So if you use just a little bit of cotton, do you wrap the foil really tight or tight enough?

Lol. Thats pretty interesting. Could you elaborate how this works a bit more?
By using less cotton wool it enables the remover to contact the product more, this was a game changer for me when I realised, so quick to soak off now with Gelish soak off. Xx

Latest posts

Back