Best ridge fillers-also compatible with Vinylux?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barbara1505

Reaction score
What is in your experiences the best ridge filler?

Perhaps someone has also made experiences with a good ridge filler who is compatible with Vinylux?

As far as I know you can't "officially" use any kind of base coat, ridge filler etc with Vinylux. You have to put the colour coat directly onto the nail. However, I know that some people put a lighter colour Vinylux on first, so in effect making the colour coat 3 layers deep.

Maybe someone will let you know if they've tried a ridge filler that works but personally I don't use them.

Karaxxx

Thanks for responding, twid/Karaxxx!

But do you perhaps know a good ridge filler in case of using another polish instead of Vinylux?

If someone has really ridged nails and really wants VINYLUX, I'll put Brisa Lite Smoothing underneath, all the way to BL Topcoat. This creates a lovely smooth surface for the VINYLUX to glide onto.

Yes, it's an extra service that the client will be charged for, but a great insurance policy that the VINYLUX will stay put, and with no ridges :) xx

Thank`s a lot for responding, MrsGrey!

I know, Brisa Lite makes a wonderful surface but have do be soaked off.

Does nobody know a good ridge filler for "normal polish" ? :cry: It seems that all the ridge fillers who are on the market are not so good as their names sounds...:cry:

Last edited:
Thank`s a lot for responding, MrsGrey!

I know, Brisa Lite makes a wonderful surface but have do be soaked off.

Does nobody know a good ridge filler for "normal polish" ? :cry: It seems that all the ridge fillers who are on the market are not so good as their names sounds...:cry:

I was desperate for some ridge filler the other day and all that was at the wholesalers was china glaze.. It's really good actually.. I put two thin layers of it on!
This was with orly and OPI polish tho not vinylux
Xx

It's not that there are no good ridge fillers out there its just that you shouldn't/can't use them under Vinylux. As MrsGrey says, Brisa Lite smoothing is excellent and because it's from CND you know it's going to be compatible.

Karaxxx

I have used China Glaze Ridge Filler as a base coat for Vinylux many times and it's lasted just fine on fingers and toes.
No problem!

Latest posts

Back