Best salon suitable footwear?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holly_

Reaction score
Hi geeks!

Bit of an embarrassing one! I'm finding after a full day at work my feet (and shoes) aren't smelling too great, I don't naturally have very smelly feet so can only put it down to shoes that I'm wearing!

Any suggestions for a good quality pair of work shoes that aren't completely ugly either? :D I don't mind spending money if they'll last :) would love to hear your thoughts x

Hi geeks!

Bit of an embarrassing one! I'm finding after a full day at work my feet (and shoes) aren't smelling too great, I don't naturally have very smelly feet so can only put it down to shoes that I'm wearing!

Any suggestions for a good quality pair of work shoes that aren't completely ugly either? :D I don't mind spending money if they'll last :) would love to hear your thoughts x

Apparently the girly smaller version of black crocs are good. Decent support and not smelly! You can clean them properly too. I've yet to buy a pair though and am currently killing my back and feet with little black pumps with bows...... 😂

I wear dansko , not the prettiest shoe but it saves my feet and back. They have several colors to choose from and designs.

Hi Holly
I'm not sure if you're hair or beauty. We're beauty and wear pretty Fit Flops. It shows our toes off for clients wanting ideas for varnish or minx and we both find them extremely comfortable. And no smell!

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you all for your suggestions! Will look into all of these :) I'm beauty Vicky, I do a lot of waxing so quite a bit of moving around! Are the Fit Flops not slip? I really like wearing sandals just hate my feet sliding around! Xx

I have to agree with the above! I just wear fit flops! Great to show off your toes, and they're really comfy!
I sometimes mix it up and wear a bejewelled pair of T- bar sandals, just from accessorize.
I think we have the luxury to wear what we want!

I wear dansko , not the prettiest shoe but it saves my feet and back. They have several colors to choose from and designs.

I've wanted to treat myself to some of these for years as the reviews are amazing, but the shipping costs etc are hideous :irked: One day I will!

Thank you all for your suggestions! Will look into all of these :) I'm beauty Vicky, I do a lot of waxing so quite a bit of moving around! Are the Fit Flops not slip? I really like wearing sandals just hate my feet sliding around! Xx

The bar across our fit flops is quite high, so foot the really doesn't slip inside them. We do all beauty treatments, and they're easy to slip off - I never wear shoes for massage for some reason!

Vic x

The bar across our fit flops is quite high, so foot the really doesn't slip inside them. We do all beauty treatments, and they're easy to slip off - I never wear shoes for massage for some reason!

Vic x

Ah ok, they sound perfect! Which style do you have if you don't mind me asking? And I'm exactly the same! Can't wear shoes in a massage! X

What do people think of the slip on sketches, with memory foam. Sound like a good idea....?

Sent from my GT-S7580 using SalonGeek mobile app

What do people think of the slip on sketches, with memory foam. Sound like a good idea....?

Sent from my GT-S7580 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have these - I'm a hairdresser - really comfy but hate to say it 😔😔smelly feet ! Always wore the ballerina style crocs before and they are much better ,u can throw the sketchers in the wShing machine !

Ah ok, they sound perfect! Which style do you have if you don't mind me asking? And I'm exactly the same! Can't wear shoes in a massage! X

These are what we wear. I think they look really nice. I absolutely will not wear ugly shoes!

Vic xi 1412275360166.jpg

These are what we wear. I think they look really nice. I absolutely will not wear ugly shoes!

Vic xiView attachment 75976

They are lovely Vicky! You have convinced me! Off to order myself some :) thanks so much for your help! X

I tell my boyfriend it's the smell of hard work lol

Mines currently left the room -I must have been working hard!

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi Holly
I'm not sure if you're hair or beauty. We're beauty and wear pretty Fit Flops. It shows our toes off for clients wanting ideas for varnish or minx and we both find them extremely comfortable. And no smell!

Vic x

Hi Vic, do the Fit Flops generally come up true to size?

[UOTE=Holly_;2305185]They are lovely Vicky! You have convinced me! Off to order myself some :) thanks so much for your help! X[/QUOTE]
m
Try Cloggs or Amazon for best price x

I find them pretty much spot on. I'm generally a 5 to 5.5 and I wear a 5 in fit flops

Vic X

I like fit flops but the last pair I had were £65 and they stretched after a couple of weeks and my feet kept slipping to the side. I sent them back and got a refund. I'm wearing silver ipanemas at the moment but it's getting a bit chilly today, need some winter ones😁

I like fit flops but the last pair I had were £65 and they stretched after a couple of weeks and my feet kept slipping to the side. I sent them back and got a refund. I'm wearing silver ipanemas at the moment but it's getting a bit chilly today, need some winter ones😁

I got a cheaper version of fit flops from sports direct when the fit flops first came out and I had them for a few years the were soo comfy reading this has made me want another pair..... Xx

Latest posts

Back