Best sculpting forms - gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becky_simon

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm currently using NSI clear sculpting forms.

Can anyone recommend what they find to be the best to use with gel? I'm finding the NSI one a little tricky (fiddly) to fit.

Are those cheap gold ones any good? (Don't hate me for asking lol)

Thank you

I don't know which ones are best for gel as I don't use it yet but I do know that the basic gold ones are terrible! They don't stick properly and they lose their shape and Pop apart. Nightmare.

Don't forget when sculpting with gel you get best cure when using clear forms not coloured or coated :)

I have used Young Nails forms and the butterfly forms from Crystal Nails and found both to be really good. The CN ones are longer so better for stilettos etc and YN great for normal use. They are not clear but I sculpt my free edges with a thin layer of clear gel then remove the forms before building the rest of the nail and they cure perfectly. You may prefer clear ones tho if you're sculpting with white gel straight onto the form :)

I like the crystal nails forms the red pinki ones and opi have some good ones .. u always have to try because everybody it's different .. depends do u like harder or softer forms ?

I don't know which ones are best for gel as I don't use it yet but I do know that the basic gold ones are terrible! They don't stick properly and they lose their shape and Pop apart. Nightmare.
As I suspected thank you but was just checking

I
Don't forget when sculpting with gel you get best cure when using clear forms not coloured or coated :)
I know this too so fair point made there, why would the cheaper gold forms be any good doh! Posted post late at night, that's my excuse :)

I have used Young Nails forms and the butterfly forms from Crystal Nails and found both to be really good. The CN ones are longer so better for stilettos etc and YN great for normal use. They are not clear but I sculpt my free edges with a thin layer of clear gel then remove the forms before building the rest of the nail and they cure perfectly. You may prefer clear ones tho if you're sculpting with white gel straight onto the form :)
I'm using BrisaLite at the moment, is it best to use the white straight away on tip or should I use clear first? Or can I choose my method? Quite like the thought of doing my free edge clear then removing form & doing white after. I like the thought of a slightly firmer form as these NSI ones are so soft and annoying

I'm using BrisaLite at the moment, is it best to use the white straight away on tip or should I use clear first? Or can I choose my method? Quite like the thought of doing my free edge clear then removing form & doing white after. I like the thought of a slightly firmer form as these NSI ones are so soft and annoying

You can choose any method that works best for you and you find easiest. I haven't trained with cnd so I've never used Brisa maybe you could ask your trainer? I don't know if it is as strong as sculpting gel to be able to remove the form without snapping the thin layer, but you can give it a try! If you're putting the white straight onto the form then I would use clear forms as from my experience white gel doesn't cure fully over the foil forms and stays gloopy on the bottom.

Sorry. Not true as the fingers are not transparent or clear

Sorry. Clear are not better than the others as the fingers are not clear!

Latest posts

Back