Best shampoo & conditioner?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
What are the best brands of shampoos & conditioners to use on clients hair?

Hi can I ask your profile seems to indicate that you're only 14... are you referring to your business or are you genuinely 14? Because if so I'm amazed as the NHBF clearly state you can't be get a qualifictaion to provide hair or beauty services until you're 16, and for some services, 18.

Hi can I ask your profile seems to indicate that you're only 14... are you referring to your business or are you genuinely 14? Because if so I'm amazed as the NHBF clearly state you can't be get a qualification to provide hair or beauty services until you're 16, and for some services, 18.

Hiya Jess,
My date of birth is wrong, I am currently waiting for them to change it. I am referring to my business. Many thanks

JOICO
Paul Mitchell
Zenagen (thinning hair clients)

Hiya Jess,
My date of birth is wrong, I am currently waiting for them to change it. I am referring to my business. Many thanks

Ah that makes sense. I use Matrix Total results range, they have a matching shampoo and conditioner for a variety of hair types and styling goals, I believe the current range available in the UK at the moment is:
Moisture me rich
Colour obsessed
Hello blondie (Super gentle)
High amplify
Keep me vivid (For semis and demis)
Re-bond (Part of their Bond Ultim8 system)
Mega sleek
So long damage
Brass off (Blue based)
So silver (Violet based)
Dark envy (Green based)

I believe they do others as well, not sure if they're available in UK yet:
Curl please - I thought it was discontinued 😢😢😢 (Best moisturising shampoo and conditioner I ever used for my hair) but still on their US website
Length goals
Rock it texture

They also do a Biolage range which I'm not as familiar with, think it's Matrix's eco and natural range.
Fibre strong
Full density
Keratin dose
Oil renew
Clean reset
Anti dandruff
Purple neutralise
Colour last
Hydra source

It differed vastly depending on client and hair type, and needs. I very often don't stick to one particular brand for my whole product range.
Over time I've worked out what the best moisturising shampoo is, and what the best repair conditioner is, what the best straightening balm is and I use that to my advantage. Its nice to be loyal to one brand in particular but I do feel like there are always products that never quite reach the mark no matter what range you use.

Last edited:
What are the best brands of shampoos & conditioners to use on clients hair?
My favorites that I have seen amazing effects with are Jellua and Olaplex. Both will transform the hair.

I love Kerastase and find a lot of clients I recommend it to end up sticking with it! Redken is lovely too. My last salon was a Philip Kingsley salon and their products are gorgeous too - similar in price to Kerastase. I would say Philip Kingsley take more of a no fuss clinical approach whereas Kerastase have a luxury image - both do very well with clients if you know the products well enough to explain them and prescribe them. My boss said Philip Kingsley was a lot more economical than her previous Schwarzkopf Bonacure on the basins because we literally got through half the amount, it was so much more concentrated. So there are a few of my favourites, hope that helps a bit! I do personally think most professional brands are good and the client just has to find their personal favourite.

Latest posts

Back