Best shampoo, etc. for hair extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeachSayuri

Reaction score
Hey~

What’s the best shampoo, conditioner and mask treatment for Hair extensions?

I used to use the Pureology hydrate range, then moved on to Maria Nila (amazing range) but my natural hair isn’t getting any benefit from it anymore...

I really just want to keep the extensions in the softest condition possible :)

I always use the OGX Shampoo and conditioner from Superdrug. I tend to use the Morocco oil or coconut one :)

I always use the OGX Shampoo and conditioner from Superdrug. I tend to use the Morocco oil or coconut one:)

Just to remind you please that Salon Geek does not advocate the use of over the counter (OTC) products, as these are not professional. Thanks.

Just to remind you please that Salon Geek does not advocate the use of over the counter (OTC) products, as these are not professional. Thanks.
Sorry didn’t realise.

What does the hair supplier recommend.

What does the hair supplier recommend.
They always recommend their own “brands” but I know the supplier where 90% of extension companies have their products made and i’m never really over the moon with the ones they all provide... they’re not great.

Without sounding snobby but I dislike OTC brands
Just wanted some professional recommendations

Hey~

What’s the best shampoo, conditioner and mask treatment for Hair extensions?

I used to use the Pureology hydrate range, then moved on to Maria Nila (amazing range) but my natural hair isn’t getting any benefit from it anymore...

I really just want to keep the extensions in the softest condition possible :)
Kitoko from capitol or salon connections is very good. Sulphate, paraben, silicone and mineral oil free.

i have my own products made from the same supplier. i find it easier and people are more likely to come back. sway has amazing haircare at a reasonable price. i also like the palmers coconut oil range, it has no nasties however i don't recommend it to people as they can buy it in boots etc

As crazy as it sounds, I think one of the best shampoos for extensions is ones with silicones to actually coat the extensions and keep them looking healthy for longer although I think the complete opposite for natural hair without extensions and dyed/toned hair.

From my experience Maria Nila Heal Shampoo and Heal conditioner is amazing, no harsh chemicals and it’s vegan

I always like using Maple Holistics but I never used it with extensions.

As crazy as it sounds, I think one of the best shampoos for extensions is ones with silicones to actually coat the extensions and keep them looking healthy for longer although I think the complete opposite for natural hair without extensions and dyed/toned hair.

Doesn’t the silicone eat away at the bonds though and break them down? That’s usually why we don’t recommend it. X

Doesn’t the silicone eat away at the bonds though and break them down? That’s usually why we don’t recommend it. X
That's the sulphate that eats away at the bonds, the silicone puts a layer on top of the hair actually making it appear as strong and healthy x

Latest posts

Back