Best shoes for hairdressers?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melynn33

Reaction score
I have always had trouble finding good shoes that are some what fashion able. I like good arch support any suggestions?

I'm not a hairdresser but I do spend the majority of my working day standing. I wear shoes by Fitflop. Have a look on their website, can be a bit pricey but they do have a sale on. Very comfy shoes, feel like walking on air!

I have hospital insoles for my collapsed insteps, which have made buying shoes an absolute pain over the years... hardly anything has enough depth at the back to fit without my foot slipping out. Until I discovered Pavers.... They are AMAZING. I have a pair of Pavers Loretta shoes that are leather, covered top (I was scared of dropping my scissors if I had the ballerina style shoes, plus my feet would have never stayed in). Man alive, they are like putting on slippers, the most comfortable pair of shoes I've ever worn and can easily handle a whole day of standing. I've tried on other styles and nothing ever comes close. They cost £45ish and last me a year of part time work before the tread wears out. I'd say get yourself to a shop and spend an hour or two trying on everything they have, as everyone's feet are different. 😊

I have hospital insoles for my collapsed insteps, which have made buying shoes an absolute pain over the years... hardly anything has enough depth at the back to fit without my foot slipping out. Until I discovered Pavers.... They are AMAZING. I have a pair of Pavers Loretta shoes that are leather, covered top (I was scared of dropping my scissors if I had the ballerina style shoes, plus my feet would have never stayed in). Man alive, they are like putting on slippers, the most comfortable pair of shoes I've ever worn and can easily handle a whole day of standing. I've tried on other styles and nothing ever comes close. They cost £45ish and last me a year of part time work before the tread wears out. I'd say get yourself to a shop and spend an hour or two trying on everything they have, as everyone's feet are different. 😊

pavers really?!? I only say that because my salon is within a outlet building that has a pavers and I’ve asked the manager a few times if there’s anything she would recommend and she said no 😂 maybe she thought I wouldn’t like the design... that’s really not even a factor when your constantly standing all day. Shall definitely be finding a min on the first day back to go try a pair on! I was going to go for sketchers a while back until someone on here mentioned they are being sued in the US for all sorts of foot problems, was still wearing my slides up until lockdown 2.0 don’t think they are gunna b good for December 🤦🏻‍♀️

pavers really?!? I only say that because my salon is within a outlet building that has a pavers and I’ve asked the manager a few times if there’s anything she would recommend and she said no 😂 maybe she thought I wouldn’t like the design... that’s really not even a factor when your constantly standing all day. Shall definitely be finding a min on the first day back to go try a pair on! I was going to go for sketchers a while back until someone on here mentioned they are being sued in the US for all sorts of foot problems, was still wearing my slides up until lockdown 2.0 don’t think they are gunna b good for December 🤦🏻‍♀️

That's hilarious 😂 Yes definitely have a look, here is a pic of mine (The pale things are the insoles, not the actual shoe)
1605804580958742974759.jpg
1605804580958742974759.jpg

Yeah I get them custom fitted in orthopedics and then made according to the molds of my feet. That said I've got diagnosed issues, don't think you could just walk in and ask for custom insoles 😂

I have arthritis in my feet and have tried many many shoes over a lot of years . Since lockdown I’ve been wearing Hoka training shoes , pricey but can’t tell you how fantastically comfortable they are , I used to get a bit of knee pain if I was on my feet for most of the day , it’s gone !

Latest posts

Back