Best single piece of advice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elmo

Reaction score
I've only been on here a few weeks and already feel like I've learnt so much. Just wondered if u choose choose one thing in particular you have learnt from here that has made a huge difference to how you now work? X

Never stop learning... Education is EVERYTHING! :)

CND BRISA WILL NOT JUST WORK WITH "ANY 36W LAMP"!!! As advised by my trainer :( Outlayed lots of unrequired money for a cheaper lamp and then having to try and rescue my a** off the floor after my gels were still honey texture after curing on client :-/ Ordered my CND lamp- express posted, then spent a couple of weeks trying to rescue my reputation from the bin. All good now and thankful to all these nail geeks for there valuable advice xx If I had if been here months ago it would of saved me these dramas :(

Buy cheap buy twice (think I've got that sort of right)

And also even the very best had to start somewhere

Love you guys!!!!

Vicki xx

Buy cheap buy twice (think I've got that sort of right)

And also even the very best had to start somewhere

Love you guys!!!!

Vicki xx

So true!!! Everything I have is CND Brisa. Start to finish, the only problem I have at the moment is the "lint free wipes" I have purchased (s few types) are not so lint free lol. Working on it :)

So true!!! Everything I have is CND Brisa. Start to finish, the only problem I have at the moment is the "lint free wipes" I have purchased (s few types) are not so lint free lol. Working on it :)
I use ibd sponges. They are tiny sponges and definitely no lint x

Make your own judgements based on your own experiences with beauty products and dont listen to hearsay.:biggrin: It will save you money in the long run - there is some great advice on here and from some great professionails too, although practices and applications may differ - you need to find what works best for you in your environment

I use cut up Regina kitchen towel - really is lint free. I know a lot of techs use bounty which is similar.

So pleased to see you are using the correct lamp for your system :)

Re best piece of advice - Buy Nailclass by Gigi Rouse and The Complete Nail Technician by Marian Newman.

Good luck

Don't run before you can walk.

It takes time to learn or master a new craft.

Best piece of advice I every received from a brilliant nail tech in the USA was ...

Gigi, if you want the best then use CND ..................... worked for me!:biggrin:

Best piece of advice I every received from a brilliant nail tech in the USA was ...

Gigi, if you want the best then use CND ..................... worked for me!:biggrin:

Shameless!!!!!!! :lol: :wink2:

" darling you will not be able to do this overnight, in a week or even a month .... Give it time and a hell of a lot of effort and you will become great" from my lovely tutor..... I apply this to most things

Best advice I received re nails is to never compromise prep as well of course NailClass by Gigi x

Fake it 'til you make it.

'never give up' :D

This advice was dance related but relates to just about everything I think.

Practice doesn't make perfect, perfect practice makes perfect.

Basicly; Learn the basics the right way, so you don't have to unlearn bad (and often unsafe) habits. There are no shortcuts, take your time to truly understand the basics, they're the foundation the intermediate and advanced stuff is build on. Also never stop practicing and improving the basics.

'there is no such thing as can't'
Vicki :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Wax strips but into small squares are lint free :)

Sent from my GT-I9000T using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back