Best solution to remove tape hair extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Siansy

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
For those of you who apply Tape hair extensions, which remover or removal process do you find works the Best?
I use Remi catchet and Beautyworks Tapes. Just having real issies getting the tape and residue out of the hair. Ive tried the beautyworks remover, the recommended oil removers from additional lengths and a more acetone based danger top remover I used to use with the bonded extensions.
I love the method, feel and look of tapes but the removal drives me mad.
Some clients like to just do the lot in one day. Others come one day we remove. Thet then wash and condition at home and come back for me to put in another day.
Any help would be greatly appreciated x

Ok this may be controversial but after trying removers I ditched them, putting anything on to break down a glue makes it gloopy and sticky and gets all stuck in the hair and a right mess! Time consuming and gross. The last tape clients I have done have been so quick and easy and I can retake straight away without all the fuss. I place the tip of a tail comb in the corner and gently peel off top layer. Then with the length of my thumb supporting the hair I unpeeled the bottom tape. ( so almost peel hair off tape rather than tape off hair off that makes sense) then comb out, no stickiness bloody marvellous

I think the problems is the tape, there are many different tapes in the market, some tape easy to remove, some tape hard to remove,
some tape easy to melt in hot weather or after 1 month, but some tapes cannot melt, and easy to remove,
any remover can remove it, here not allow to upload pictures, you can check our tapes, maybe can help you.
if you have further questions, let me know, I am glad to help.

Ok this may be controversial but after trying removers I ditched them, putting anything on to break down a glue makes it gloopy and sticky and gets all stuck in the hair and a right mess! Time consuming and gross. The last tape clients I have done have been so quick and easy and I can retake straight away without all the fuss. I place the tip of a tail comb in the corner and gently peel off top layer. Then with the length of my thumb supporting the hair I unpeeled the bottom tape. ( so almost peel hair off tape rather than tape off hair off that makes sense) then comb out, no stickiness bloody marvellous
Tgankyou

Thankyou for reply, ive tried that and cant get the hair lifting from the tape once ive removed the top tape.
Which tape hair and retabs so you use?

Try turning the bottom over and peeling off the same way u did with the top one. I buy euphoria one tapes but I ge5 my replacement tapes from prestige, better value for money x

Hi Guys,
For those of you who apply Tape hair extensions, which remover or removal process do you find works the Best?
I use Remi catchet and Beautyworks Tapes. Just having real issies getting the tape and residue out of the hair. Ive tried the beautyworks remover, the recommended oil removers from additional lengths and a more acetone based danger top remover I used to use with the bonded extensions.
Some clients like to just do the lot in one day. Others come one day we remove. Thet then wash and condition at home and come back for me to put in another day.

Any Isopropyl alcohol product usually works well.

I find that when you add a little bit of heat with a hairdryer and do the exact same thing with a pin take comb you mentioned it works really well and if we do have to use an oil based remover and we can’t get out the residue out with normal shampoo antibacterial hand wash works wonders!

I find that when you add a little bit of heat with a hairdryer and do the exact same thing with a pin take comb you mentioned it works really well and if we do have to use an oil based remover and we can’t get out the residue out with normal shampoo antibacterial hand wash works wonders!
Thankyou for that, do you not find the heat of the hairdryer makes the tapes too gloopy?
Also when you say normal shampoo, what type of shampoo would you say as normal? And handwash mixed in with that? Ive been using the pre Brazilian shampoo as that's a bit of an oil stripping shampoo as well

I used to use an alcohol based remover, they came out fine but i found it left a lot of sticky residue behind. Ive switched to an oil based remover now and its so much better.

Thankyou for that, do you not find the heat of the hairdryer makes the tapes too gloopy?
Also when you say normal shampoo, what type of shampoo would you say as normal? And handwash mixed in with that? Ive been using the pre Brazilian shampoo as that's a bit of an oil stripping shampoo as well
No but we only use a small amount of heat, we use the walkers tape as it lasts around 3 months so doesn’t go to sticky x

Hi Guys,
No but we only use a small amount of heat, we use the walkers tape as it lasts around 3 months so doesn’t go to sticky x
i use remi cachet tapes.... and I use euphoria one bond dissolver. It’s removers the tape so well, really quick and no residue. No oils etc so really easy to retape

Ok, so I've removed tapes today very gently and carefully with my the metal part of my ponytail comb. Lifting a teasing out of the tape.
Worked very well. Tried my best to ensure the tape came off with the extension.
But still had some residue to separate and remove.
How are you temibing with nothing attached.
Almost there lol x

How does not using any remover stand if a client claims you’ve damaged the hair with incorrect removing ??? Although I know if your careful it won’t
I would be so worried that I would be accused of causing breakage or damage

If it’s causing damage to the hair I wouldn’t do it, whether it’s the recommended way or not. I found using the removers caused much more stress on the hair and discomfort to the client which was worrying me more

If it’s causing damage to the hair I wouldn’t do it, whether it’s the recommended way or not. I found using the removers caused much more stress on the hair and discomfort to the client which was worrying me more
I agree, reminds me of why I stopped doing the bonded years ago.
I steer clients away from the tapes now unless one row for thickness if i can. Although I love them for thickness in mine and clients live the look and flatness.
I am removing some very well, so just know i need to take my time x

Please don’t think I was implying that you was causing damage as that wasn’t my intention what I was trying to say is what if a client says because you’ve not removed them with a remover spray or oil that you have caused damage .. you know how some clients can be like & will try it on for a discount or freebie
I think I have a problem with worrying about every known situation & scam going before it happens x

Linds that’s ok! I know that’s not what you were implying at all. I meant that sometimes the ‘recommended way’ can also do some damage if it’s a right faff! The reason I decided on a different method was to minimise the damage I thought those sticky removers were causing. Some clients are
Likely to complain whatever you do rather than take responsibility for the care of their hair so I’m just as careful as I can be with whatever I do xx

Hi sploo, I've now tried this a couple of times. Can remove the top tape well and tease haor out with no loss off hair but still getting alot of tape glue left in hair thats a nightmare to remove. Any tips ? X

Latest posts

Back