Best solution to remove tape hair extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what I use Jemma, just so oily and still find it leaving sticky bits that need separation and picking out.
I've been washing the hair afyer several times with clarifying shampoo and also tried the Brazilian blowdry shampoo to try and strip the oil x

Hi I am the owner of Hottie extensions company and Hottie Hair Salon & Extensions Store based out of Las Vegas NV. Our favorite supplier for tape in removers is Walker Tape based out of Utah. They have quite a few for different scenarios of removing. Even some that allows you to quickly fix one you messed up without damaging the glue on the tape. We also supply high quality Russian tape in extensions as well that really last 1-2 years. Would love a chance to earn your business for supplier as well.

Last edited:
Try turning the bottom over and peeling off the same way u did with the top one. I buy euphoria one tapes but I ge5 my replacement tapes from prestige, better value for money x

Hi Sploo, do you mean the Walker Tape Rolls from Prestige? Do you know if you can remove these using normal isopropyl alcohol remover?

many thanks x

I swear by Walker tape lace release x

https://www.jzstyles.com/products/take-down-tape-remover The owner of this brand swears by this and shows videos of her using it, it has no sticky residue & you don't have to wash the hair after its done because it has no alcohol or tape left over which can obviously speed the time up massively. C22 is great but the oil it leaves on hands is irritating.

It’s made with oils I would worry how can the retape be successful without removing any residue of oil first?

I used to use an alcohol based remover, they came out fine but i found it left a lot of sticky residue behind. Ive switched to an oil based remover now and its so much better.

Which brand please??

Think I’m gonna stick to my no remover technique! [emoji38]

I had a problem with the euphoria and so did my friend literally fell out haha you had any issues? X

Had the same issue I've had a client kicking off as hers fell out after 8 days!! I think thier tapes are shocking.. Not sticky!!

Had the same issue I've had a client kicking off as hers fell out after 8 days!! I think thier tapes are shocking.. Not sticky!!

Good morning

Thank you for your recent feedback.

We have tried contacting you on serval occasions trying to get to the bottom of this for you but unfortunately we have not had a response from you? Please can you respond to our emails so we can sort this for you.

We supply 1000's of packs of tapes and have very little issues with regards to the adhesive on the tapes. If there are any issue with the glue then we will replace the tapes for you.

Best regards.

Good morning

Thank you for your recent feedback.

We have tried contacting you on serval occasions trying to get to the bottom of this for you but unfortunately we have not had a response from you? Please can you respond to our emails so we can sort this for you.

We supply 1000's of packs of tapes and have very little issues with regards to the adhesive on the tapes. If there are any issue with the glue then we will replace the tapes for you.

Best regards.

You sent one email, asking for photos of the tape before you would send new tapes to re-apply. And you only replied to my email after you saw a post on here! Funny that you ignore emails but always seem to pop up on here as soon as some one mentions your name, maybe spend your time replying to customer emails! To little to late I won't ever buy tapes from your company again.

Thank you for your reply.

We are sorry to hear this.

We replied to your initial email on the same day in which you sent this to us. After our initial email response we asked you questions regarding your product and to see images of your issue and unfortunately we did not hear a response from you on our email or on SG. We then sent you a follow up email and unfortunately we again did not hear a response from you.

We have a separate team covering our emails to our SG responses. We would appreciated if we can deal with your issue before writing a negative comment on SG.

We would like to help you so if you can reply to our email, we will have this sorted for you asap.

Best regards.

I’ve used Euphoria’s tapes for about 2 years and i think they have got stronger. I’ve never had any issues with their tapes. I normally replace them every 2-3 months. I’ve used suppliers in the past that have lasted for 4 weeks.

Extension tapes have a specific one for their individual glue but Ive found straight up acetone actually loosens it well then shampoo out with a clarifying shampoo BOOM no more glue

I just wanted to do the removal and refit row by row so I don’t lose the length of the extension but you can’t with the acetone. I found a better remover which works and makes the glue off the strip easier but the hair is still greasy so will have to just remove wash and refit. Some people make it looks so easy. X

Latest posts

Back