Best stamping kit?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steph Dodson

Reaction score
REALLY want to start stamping. I brought one kit and it was a FAIL! Didn't work atall!
Also, what is everyones preference to removing the varnish that goes on your skin once uve stamped?

Thanks xx

Koand are good to get started and the do diff kits on amazon. I got one that had 3 polishes, a stamper and scraper and 5 plates, was about £22?
Prices do tend to fluctuate on there though so check it daily.

Good luck
Also Salon Services/sallys have started selling Konad in there shops...so maybe take a look

Koand are good to get started and the do diff kits on amazon. I got one that had 3 polishes, a stamper and scraper and 5 plates, was about £22?
Prices do tend to fluctuate on there though so check it daily.

Good luck
Also Salon Services/sallys have started selling Konad in there shops...so maybe take a look

Oh that's good to know! I go to my local sallys quite often! I doubt they will have them in that one as its quite small but I can have a look online. Thanks xx

I started off with Konad polish and it was okay but not great, some colours better than others.

Now I use only Mundo de Unas polish with the Creative Shop stamper and Bundle Monster, Moyou UK & Born Pretty plates.
With the combination of these products I find my stamping works 99% of the time.

I started off with Konad polish and it was okay but not great, some colours better than others.

Now I use only Mundo de Unas polish with the Creative Shop stamper and Bundle Monster, Moyou UK & Born Pretty plates.
With the combination of these products I find my stamping works 99% of the time.

OMG
Me too - failed miserably with my first cheap kit :(
I ordered my Creative Shop stamper (it came first)... I had no plates so I borrowed back the plates that I gifted to my friend's 12 year old daughter from my first failed attempt. I tested about 30 different polishes and found only one that worked half assed and it was a China Glaze chrome looking one. I tried Venique, Vinylux, OPI, China Glaze AND Sally Hansen.... fail. I was discouraged one again.
If "The Real Mrs Grey" can do it, so can I. She makes it look so easy in the vids.
So.... I wait for my lovely MdU paints.... It was sooooo worth the wait! I had my AH HA! Moment and life will never be the same again!
7 little mini's arrived in my mailbox and I've been stamping like mad ever since!
Then 3 more plates arrived from Born Pretty and life got a lot more interesting.
I'm now waiting for a set of 3 and a set of 21 from ebay (Konad) and no one will be able to slow me down. The possibilities are endless.
I got Nail Mail today: 3 Model's Own and I just placed another order for 3 more of their luxurious colours and another set of plates.
I now have a serious problem.
I'm mobile.
I need a bigger car!

(oh, and just take a cotton swab/bud soaked in polish remover to clean up surrounding skin)

Attachments

• stamping 1.jpg
    stamping 1.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 83
OMG
Me too - failed miserably with my first cheap kit :(
I ordered my Creative Shop stamper (it came first)... I had no plates so I borrowed back the plates that I gifted to my friend's 12 year old daughter from my first failed attempt. I tested about 30 different polishes and found only one that worked half assed and it was a China Glaze chrome looking one. I tried Venique, Vinylux, OPI, China Glaze AND Sally Hansen.... fail. I was discouraged one again.
If "The Real Mrs Grey" can do it, so can I. She makes it look so easy in the vids.
So.... I wait for my lovely MdU paints.... It was sooooo worth the wait! I had my AH HA! Moment and life will never be the same again!
7 little mini's arrived in my mailbox and I've been stamping like mad ever since!
Then 3 more plates arrived from Born Pretty and life got a lot more interesting.
I'm now waiting for a set of 3 and a set of 21 from ebay (Konad) and no one will be able to slow me down. The possibilities are endless.
I got Nail Mail today: 3 Model's Own and I just placed another order for 3 more of their luxurious colours and another set of plates.
I now have a serious problem.
I'm mobile.
I need a bigger car!

(oh, and just take a cotton swab/bud soaked in polish remover to clean up surrounding skin)

Oh my gosh your post made me giggle :) but I totally get what you are saying. The Creative Shop Stamper coupled with MdU polishes makes life sooooo much easier! I love MdU polishes so much and you are 100% correct in saying its worth the wait for them to arrive! I now have 60 of the minis and they are so worth it.
mdu.jpg

Steph Dodson...
So there you have it:
Stamper: Creative Shop (and scraper)
Paint: Mundo de Unas, Model's Own (Good thing I didn't buy Konad)
Plates: Konad, Born Pretty, Bundle Monster, Moyou
Nice knowin' ya! You'll be sniffin the Mundo and stamping like mad in no time... it does smell kinda interesting.
Cheers from "The Great White North". Yes, I still have snow in my yard. I'm off to buy more MdU!

I forgot to mention to clean your stamper with scotch tape, packing tape or a lint roller... NO ACETONE! But DO use pure acetone to clean your plates. If you use any other remover, the oils will leave a residue and you don't want that.

There are lots of polishes out there that stamp really well, the two brands mentioned and also lots of metallic polishes, including Barry M Gold and Silver (great for starting out), 2true Metallics (Superdrugs own brand) Colour Club holographic, some Vinylux, and Gel II polish.

If you don't want to get polish around the skin (this can be difficult to remove on dry skin) use liquid latex, or if you are worried that clients may be allergic to latex you can get NYC strip me off its a peel off base coat (a bit like PVA glue) peels off in one piece after stamping, so much quicker and neater than using remover especially if every nail is stamped. HTH x

Girls.. You are all AMAZING! A HUGE help! But I think im gonna be skint pretty soon now! Lol.
Next problem... trying to find clients who want nail art! Haha... xx

Girls.. You are all AMAZING! A HUGE help! But I think im gonna be skint pretty soon now! Lol.
Next problem... trying to find clients who want nail art! Haha... xx

I don't think you'll have a problem! I'm a newbie too.
I had my Creative Shop Stamper, 7 mini's from MdU and 3 plates. I was offering stamping for free (about 1.5 weeks) until I got my set of 21 yesterday... everyone wanted it and got something while I got some practice on fingers and toes. Now, I will continue to do 2 nails for free but any more will be $1 per 2 nails. I also have lots of pictures to sell the service too! It's popular and I've been hyping it on my fb page.

I use mundodeunos aswel but didnt realise they did mini bottles??? Been buying the regular size don't see the option for mini?? Am i blind hahaha???

OH my goodness... im in the UK, where can I buy the creative shop stamper?!!

OH my goodness... im in the UK, where can I buy the creative shop stamper?!!

You can get it from rainbow connection, it's not cheap! Personally I think it's great for bigger nails but I like my moyou stamper the best. x

Does it have to be a specific Models Own polish? Are they just as good as the other brands? x

Does it have to be a specific Models Own polish? Are they just as good as the other brands? x

Models Own Chrome collection are more suitable for stamping, they stamp lovely over Black and darks. x

I got mine at wal mart they do good. And then I bought one from dollar store the plates were ok but the stamper didn't like it. I also been wanting to get some off amazon but I don't wanna buy the same ones I've done done that a few times

Chiming in a little bit late - I just found a new stamping plate brand that I am LOVING!!! They're out of the U.S. but they ship internationally- their designs are amazing and unique! I have all three collections and they stamp flawlessly. Highly recommend! ;) you can find them here: www.uberchicbeauty.com

Latest posts

Back