Best stamping polish, plates and stamper

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lindsay G

Reaction score
Having no luck with stamping at the minute. MO JO paints and born pretty plates and stamper. Don't know where I'm going wrong. Seen threads about mdu paint but don't know what shipping costs would be any advice welcome.

Having no luck with stamping at the minute. MO JO paints and born pretty plates and stamper. Don't know where I'm going wrong. Seen threads about mdu paint but don't know what shipping costs would be any advice welcome.

I’m more than happy with my Yours Halo Stamper, Yours stamping plates and CND Vinylux (all from Sweet Squared), but you should be aware that certain stampers require different application. Some are a gentle rolling action, where others are a good firm push and stamp.

MoYou London offer starter kits and polishes, as well as stampers of course.

Basically, so long as the polish used the stamping is highly pigmented, you shouldn’t have any problems using regular polish either.

I’ve used Moyou London and they’re brilliant. Not to be confused with just Moyou whose polishes I find very thin.

Make sure your polishes are proper stamping polishes or at least the type of nail polish that will cover really well in just one quick coat.
Secondly it’s about speed ... too slow and the polish will dry on the plate and won’t pick up. Try for around 10 seconds from swipe of paint on plate to stamping on the nail.
Also if you’ve wiped your stamper with acetone to clean it, it can be too wet to pick up properly so I generally blot it on the back of my hand after wiping. Or even better use a lint roller to blot your stamper, does a fab job and is ready for next pickup.
Hope that helps. I haven’t used Born Pretty plates but if they aren’t etched deeply enough it can be a problem. Someone else can probably say whether they’re good quality or not.
Oh and shake your polishes first!
Good luck x

I’ve used Moyou London and they’re brilliant. Not to be confused with just Moyou whose polishes I find very thin.

Make sure your polishes are proper stamping polishes or at least the type of nail polish that will cover really well in just one quick coat.
Secondly it’s about speed ... too slow and the polish will dry on the plate and won’t pick up. Try for around 10 seconds from swipe of paint on plate to stamping on the nail.
Also if you’ve wiped your stamper with acetone to clean it, it can be too wet to pick up properly so I generally blot it on the back of my hand after wiping. Or even better use a lint roller to blot your stamper, does a fab job and is ready for next pickup.
Hope that helps. I haven’t used Born Pretty plates but if they aren’t etched deeply enough it can be a problem. Someone else can probably say whether they’re good quality or not.
Oh and shake your polishes first!
Good luck x
Thank you for the advice it was the MOYou polishes I bought at the Manchester hair and beauty event looks like I purchased the wrong ones. Wish they would only have reputable companies at these events so you don't get stung. Didn't realise MOYou London and MOYou were different companies.

I’m more than happy with my Yours Halo Stamper, Yours stamping plates and CND Vinylux (all from Sweet Squared), but you should be aware that certain stampers require different application. Some are a gentle rolling action, where others are a good firm push and stamp.

MoYou London offer starter kits and polishes, as well as stampers of course.

Basically, so long as the polish used the stamping is highly pigmented, you shouldn’t have any problems using regular polish either.
Thanks for the advice just taken delivery of the yours halo stamper. Couple of polishes and plates so hopefully fingers crossed things will improve x

Thanks for the advice just taken delivery of the yours halo stamper. Couple of polishes and plates so hopefully fingers crossed things will improve x

Let us know how you get on ;)

Latest posts

Back