Best start up kit for nail technician?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chloeluckin

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've just started my Nail technician Course, which I'm really excited about, however I'm unsure of the best Kit to buy, and the best nail polishes to use.

I've tried lots of different types before my course, and I haven't really found anything which lasts a long time. Could you all let me know the best polish brand to use? Plus, where I can get the best products for my start up kit?

In my course, I'm learning acrylics, UV Gels and Shellac.

Thanks,
Chloe :)

Lots of brands have start up kits for their systems, so it depends whose system you will be working with? I quite like working with naio acrylic at the moment, but that's because I find it easier to use then the essentials nails one I use for my course.
If your doing your acrylic course with a brand I'd try stick to that brand a while, whilst your build your skills. Otherwise nsi and edge are quite easy to get from a beauty supply store, I believe they have kits. CND is a fab brand, cjp is nightly recommended.

UV gels and gel polish I'd stick to the same brand (just for ease of compatibility), I've just discovered light elegance gel which is fab!
OPI and cnd are good brands for gel products.

Places to buy: Sally's or capital are good once you have your qualifications (esp if you have a store nearby), cnd is available through sweetsquared, and LE have their own distributor, but I don't remember the name.

Silcare do really reasonable very good quality acrylic and gel products. I always used NSI but my local nail store recommended Silcare it's absolutely amazing £xxx for 30ml builder gel, £xxx for 72g of acrylic or £xxx for £xxx and a smaller pot for I think about £xxx. I wouldn't recommend the monomer to a beginner unless you are very confident as it's a fast set liquid. I often use Silcare powder with NSI Attraction monomerIf I need it to set slower. It's a professional product made in the EU and so reasonable. They also do scented gel cleanse. Alpha brushes are great as very reasonable.

[no trade prices please, thanks]

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back