Best technique?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lara81

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a client who wants this look. I just wanted to find out the best way to go about it. She has base 5 coloured hair. I was thinking of first lifting using foils then go back in using foils again with a red to achieve the contrast of the colours. But is there a better way?
Thanks

Attachments

• CFF752DD-CADD-4A1C-9641-DEA7564108B5.png
    CFF752DD-CADD-4A1C-9641-DEA7564108B5.png
    6.1 MB · Views: 31
Hi all, I have a client who wants this look. I just wanted to find out the best way to go about it. She has base 5 coloured hair. I was thinking of first lifting using foils then go back in using foils again with a red to achieve the contrast of the colours. But is there a better way?
Thanks
If you go back in with the red after prelightening you run the risk of the red bleeding in to the blonde.
It's be better to use a red violet high lift tint, and then use bleach for the blonde. Rinse the red first, apply anti oxy conditioner to the red. Then rinse the blonde. Tone the blonde if necessary :)

Hi Ronray, thanks for the reply. That makes perfect sense thank you appreciate it. So I will need to use Wella magma to lift the red then? Or is there an alternative in a different range that is cheaper? X

He hair is already coloured so I will need to use a pre lightener to lift first x

He hair is already coloured so I will need to use a pre lightener to lift first x
You could use magma, but there are other options. Framesi light and shine magenta + EXALT + 12% will lift through colour.
I'm sure the Affinage B:reds range lift through colour. Colorissimo HLVR + 12% also lifts through colour and naturally dark bases. Matrix so red is also suitable for coloured hair.

Thank you Ronray I really do appreciate your help 😌 xxx

Latest posts

Back