Best time of year to have a baby?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adventuregirl

Reaction score
Hello

For self employed therapists/techs, what time of year do you think you are typically quiestest?

We are planning on having another child but ideally not in my peak busy times ie summer and Christmas.

I realise I may not fall exactly when I plan but it would be nice to have an idea!

Was thinking a January baby as would be quiet then but may be busy with gift vouchers?

Sorry if this seems like a stupid question...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Hello

For self employed therapists/techs, what time of year do you think you are typically quiestest?

We are planning on having another child but ideally not in my peak busy times ie summer and Christmas.

I realise I may not fall exactly when I plan but it would be nice to have an idea!

Was thinking a January baby as would be quiet then but may be busy with gift vouchers?

Sorry if this seems like a stupid question...

You can plan all you like but I hate to tell you this these things never come at "the rigbt time". It may take weeks to get pregnant or months.
If you definitely want one at a certain time I hear The Baby Supermarket are good on delivering on time, and you can earn points to spend on nappies etc ( and they sometimes do BOGOF) I pulling your leg :) lol
If you could plan then i'd imagine 3rd week in jan. Xmas is done and always quieter.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
If it could be totally controlled I find sept to jan the quietest with Christmas being the exception.

You can plan all you like but I hate to tell you this these things never come at "the rigbt time". It may take weeks to get pregnant or months.
If you definitely want one at a certain time I hear The Baby Supermarket are good on delivering on time, and you can earn points to spend on nappies etc ( and they sometimes do BOGOF) I pulling your leg :) lol
If you could plan then i'd imagine 3rd week in jan. Xmas is done and always quieter.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I did say I was thinking "ideally"! Lol.

I've used Baby Supermarket before but found they were out of stock on the good sleeper babies. Darn!

Was thinking late January as well but, as I know, these things never go to plan ;)

If it could be totally controlled I find sept to jan the quietest with Christmas being the exception.

Thanks, Laurakate! Looking like a January baby may be best. C'mon, Stork :)

Hmmmm tho you're quiet in Jan just remember through Dec you'll be heavily pregnant.

I've got pregnant both times at the same time. Pregnant beginning on August baby due first week of May. Least I missed sweating in the summer when being very pregnant!

Personally I don't think there's ever a right time as such. You could argue business picks up in May but you could also say I'm rested physically through being quieter in Jan Feb March and some of April and I was only 20 weeks at xmas.
Haha no help am I. Just don't think any time is overly easy.

Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Absolutely agree. There's never a perfect time especially when self employed!

I worked up til my last week being pregnant last time but who knows what pregnancy # 2 would be like.

Thanks for your reply :)

Well I wanted to get pregnant before Xmas I've been trying 4 months now so u can plan at all just have to hope u get preg when u want good luck for the future :) xx

I couldn't plan any of mine as we had treatment for the first, took ages for the second and third was a huge surprise!

But have had one in October, which was good as worked the summer ok, and avoided Christmas completely. Nice to snuggle up a newborn in snowsuit and go for lots of pram walks too.

The January baby was good as could work my Christmas trade even though heavily pregnant but sitting doing nails was fine! Then have chilled baby time through the first quiet period of the year.

This time I'm due in 5 weeks which is terrible timing as due 19th December, bang slap in the middle of the busiest week of the year and I don't know if I will even be working! I've booked appts that week for clients that don't mind if I have to cancel last minute but some understandably have booked elsewhere. So that's probably the worst time to have a baby!!

Best of luck with your trying for baby hope it all goes to plan!!

You never know when it's going to happen! My first was conceived within 3months of trying but the second took 11 months x

Sent from my HTC One X using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you, ladies. Did you find you lost customers when you had your little ones? How soon did you return to work? Xx

I think a few dropped off, I kept some regulars by doing a day a week after 2 months in the march. Then came back officially in September. The main reason business is quieter is because I've had to slash my hours.
Now this one is due Christmas I'm going back in feb! It's hard to juggle it all depends in your support from family etc.
they grow up so fast before you know it they're at school and you're back full time!
Don't over plan it, just do it. You'll get round it one way or another xx

I would plan so baby arrives in the warmer months, then you can get out and about with your pram... There is never a good time with work lol. When I had mine I planned to start back after a couple of weeks, but once that little bundle of joy arrives they become the most important thing, I had the full nine months off. I was lucky though a lot of my clients came back and I only lost a few.

Have to agree with above that it's v hard to plan!
I'm currently 19 weeks pregnant with my 2nd and due in April, however I was quite ill at the start that I couldn't take on many clients so I've found my business has suffered already. I'm hoping the Christmas rush will help me out again! Got some bookings for weddings in the New Year so happy about that!

I think a few dropped off, I kept some regulars by doing a day a week after 2 months in the march. Then came back officially in September. The main reason business is quieter is because I've had to slash my hours.
Now this one is due Christmas I'm going back in feb! It's hard to juggle it all depends in your support from family etc.
they grow up so fast before you know it they're at school and you're back full time!
Don't over plan it, just do it. You'll get round it one way or another xx

Thanks, lovely. How did you encourage clients to come back?

I was saying this to my OH last night. My wee girl will be at nursery in a year or so then school before we know it. He's the voice of reason but I don't want an only child.

Hope you are keeping well leading up to D Day :) xx

Totally agree my "plan" won't go exactly to plan, as nature has a funny way of working out.

I am so nervous about losing clients and want damage limitation.

Thanks again for the really helpful replies and food for thought :) xx

Totally agree my "plan" won't go exactly to plan, as nature has a funny way of working out.

I am so nervous about losing clients and want damage limitation.

Thanks again for the really helpful replies and food for thought :) xx

this is something I was thinking off this week and I figured it would have to be a January baby! lols aw if only things could be scheduled like our diaries

its hard when you have your own business and you know if you don't work you don't get paid...anything!

I really wanted to have an October baby and the 1 month I wanted to avoid was December because of Xmas - I would just find it a nightmare but low and behold I fell pregnant and my due date from LMP is Xmas day..... Typical! Xxx

I really wanted to have an October baby and the 1 month I wanted to avoid was December because of Xmas - I would just find it a nightmare but low and behold I fell pregnant and my due date from LMP is Xmas day..... Typical! Xxx

I also really wanted to avoid December and my due date is 18th exactly a week before Xmas day! Lol xx

I also really wanted to avoid December and my due date is 18th exactly a week before Xmas day! Lol xx

I think it's payback because I went on so much about not having a December baby. At least we have an excuse not to lift a finger around Xmas and be waited on hand and foot lol! I'm defo not cooking Xmas dinner this year. Xx

Latest posts

Back