Best toner for bleach highlights

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lissmorleyx

Reaction score
Im doing my step sisters foils next week and to avoid a yellow hue, what toner do you recommend from what you have used? They all look great in the colour charts but sometimes tone differently.
Ive used 10/16 and pastel (wella) before and loved it.
I dont want it to be silver, just want to know out any unwanted yellow tones the bleach and 6% will leave behind xxx

Loreal milkshake toners are fab
I like 10.13 x

It will entirely depend on. The lift you achieve and the remaining undercoat.. Do you want a truly cool result or more neutral?

More neutral, just not yellow.
This is how its lifted, its lifted clean. I just want a backup plan incase some areas lift differently.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 311
I'd use a beige level 10 or 9 ;)

I tend to use a wella koleston 10/1 and 10/8 with 6% love it :)

9/16 colour touch is nice.
Or 10/6 again colour touch.

More neutral, just not yellow.
This is how its lifted, its lifted clean. I just want a backup plan incase some areas lift differently.

It looks like it has lifted really nice and clean from the test piece.

I think 10/16 would work, just apply quickly and watch it so it doesn't go too ashy

Can I ask why you use 6% to tone?

Koleston lowest peroxide is 20vol no? On wet hair i presume it would dilute to 10vol? Xxx

Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Koleston lowest peroxide is 20vol no? On wet hair i presume it would dilute to 10vol? Xxx

No they have pastel which is 2.9% so you use that to tone as only depositing colour

No they have pastel which is 2.9% so you use that to tone as only depositing colour

Omgad i thought that was for colour touch. Ive never seen it here in Spain! Im going to search!! You still use on wet hair? X

On that note, I often wonder why the Lou toners PO1/P02 etc in the loreal range are mixed with the Lou developer which is 25vol? I think they are lovely but surprised there isn't a special pastel developer for them like most other ranges?
I tend to use the goldwell toners now but it always bugs me when I do use the Lou ones!

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

Omgad i thought that was for colour touch. Ive never seen it here in Spain! Im going to search!! You still use on wet hair? X

Im so blonde. Hence why everyone says bleach and pastel!!!!

On that note, I often wonder why the Lou toners PO1/P02 etc in the loreal range are mixed with the Lou developer which is 25vol? I think they are lovely but surprised there isn't a special pastel developer for them like most other ranges?
I tend to use the goldwell toners now but it always bugs me when I do use the Lou ones!

I've never used L'Oreal so not sure but I have thought that's strange myself when I have seen people talking about it on here. I would think you would get lift on the natural hair if used to tone highlights ?

The colour touch comes in 1.9% and 4%
I use pastel and prelightener a lot as I like to lift slow and low! Yes use on wet hair for toners x

I've never used L'Oreal so not sure but I have thought that's strange myself when I have seen people talking about it on here. I would think you would get lift on the natural hair if used to tone highlights ?

It's not on for very long so not something I have noticed but I was more worried it is unnecessarily making the hair more porous?
Maybe Adam Lea can enlighten us if he sees this as he is a loreal expert! :)

It's not on for very long so not something I have noticed but I was more worried it is unnecessarily making the hair more porous?
Maybe Adam Lea can enlighten us if he sees this as he is a loreal expert! :)

Oh I'm sure he can! Wish you could tag people on here lol

I love Dia Light for toning. The milkshake line is wonderful. I would need to see the all over colour to say which one though as I often add a cm or so of something else to make it more specific

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I like dialight 10.12 for a nice clean blonde that's not too silver, this is the toner I use the most x

Latest posts

Back