Best training/long term kit

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luntclaudia

Reaction score
Hi,
This is my first post in the nail/salon community. I have finally decided to proceed with training in nails and begin my dream career.

I have wanted to do nails for many years but suffered from a lack of confidence but feel it’s finally time to do something for myself.

I am at the stage of getting my kits.

It’s the acrylic kit where I am undecided mostly. The course has recommended Acrylux. I would prefer to buy the kit that I would ultimately like to use long term. Does anyone know much on Acrylux? If not what brands do you guys/gals use? (I am based in the UK).

Thank you in advance xxx

Acylic brands are a personal preference thing, the big ‘cult’ brands at the moment being glitterbelles and CJP. I personally like naio and ugly duckling, abd training the with essentials nails one i really dislike.
The problem with acrylic is that the majority of brands (quite rightly) will want proof of qualification for you to buy anything. Unless your planning on playing about first I would use the L+P they recommend to start with, as the educator will be experienced in trouble shooting that brand, once you’ve got your l+p ratio down, then look at researching a brand that offers the qualities you’d like in terms of workability and filling.

*by cult brands I mean those that are getting a seemingly big following on the social media communities!

Brilliant. Thank you so much for your help. I have been a massive fan and follower of the nail community for many years however I know it’s a massive change when looking to join it! Thank you so much for your response it’s greatly appreciated xx

Latest posts

Back