Best training provider for gels

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clwhits2

Reaction score
Hi all,

Totally nail newbie here. I'm currently trained in make up but have been wanting to train in gels for a long time and have decided this is the year to do it!

Could you please recommend the best training provider for gels in the UK? I'm based in Birmingham but happy to travel.

TIA x

Gel Polish or Gel Extensions?

Do you have a brand in mind you'd like to use? CND Shellac is the original, very good product, excellent training. Expensive but worth every penny. CND authorised supplier and training is SweetSquared based in Leeds.

Gelish is another good brand mentioned a lot on here. The Gel Bottle are gaining popularity but are relatively new to the game and I haven't seen any reports on their training levels yet.

The Creative Beauty Group do Gel ii and Entity - both good brands, excellent training - acadamies all over the country like CND.

NSI do Urban Graffity (iirc - I don't use it) there are lots of good reports of NSI training.

Do you have a brand in mind you'd like to use? CND Shellac is the original, very good product, excellent training. Expensive but worth every penny. CND authorised supplier and training is SweetSquared based in Leeds.

Gelish is another good brand mentioned a lot on here. The Gel Bottle are gaining popularity but are relatively new to the game and I haven't seen any reports on their training levels yet.

The Creative Beauty Group do Gel ii and Entity - both good brands, excellent training - acadamies all over the country like CND.

NSI do Urban Graffity (iirc - I don't use it) there are lots of good reports of NSI training.

Well my nail technician uses Magpie and I really like them but their website is a bit all over the shop and I can't really find out much info abou their training. I had also had a look at Sally Beauty.

I will have a more in depth look at SweetSquared as I want to spend my money wisely when it comes to training! I'll also have a look at Gelish - thanks so much for your in depth response, it's really helpful!

Well my nail technician uses Magpie and I really like them but their website is a bit all over the shop and I can't really find out much info abou their training. I had also had a look at Sally Beauty.

I will have a more in depth look at SweetSquared as I want to spend my money wisely when it comes to training! I'll also have a look at Gelish - thanks so much for your in depth response, it's really helpful!

No problem, Magpie are also gaining a loyal following, that implies their products are great. Nail Techs readily vote with their feet if a product doesn't perform well. Again, they are fairly new to the Gel Polish market, they started as glitter suppliers and took off massively, then extended into Gel Polish. They are only just starting their training program I believe, so not much feedback available on the quality yet. You may initially want to go with an internationally recognised training provider. You can always switch brand once qualified.

No problem, Magpie are also gaining a loyal following, that implies their products are great. Nail Techs readily vote with their feet if a product doesn't perform well. Again, they are fairly new to the Gel Polish market, they started as glitter suppliers and took off massively, then extended into Gel Polish. They are only just starting their training program I believe, so not much feedback available on the quality yet. You may initially want to go with an internationally recognised training provider. You can always switch brand once qualified.
Thank you for all your advice Trinity :)

I currently educate in Whitley Bay in Tyne and Wear for a great band Nail GaGa, we are also HABIA endorses! if you want more information let me know. You will need your manicure qualification to complete gel polish but we also offer this qualification. There are other educators too closer to Birmingham

I currently educate in Whitley Bay in Tyne and Wear for a great band Nail GaGa, we are also HABIA endorses! if you want more information let me know. You will need your manicure qualification to complete gel polish but we also offer this qualification. There are other educators too closer to Birmingham

Latest posts

Back