Best treatment for mature nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

umvemve

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a mature client with lovely long nails. The problem is she finds that although the nails are thick (which I guess is age related) they are prone to breaking. She has been using nail hardener for years. I am sure I have seen a product that will do this (just can't remember!)

Does anyone know of anything that helps with improving elasticity in this sort of nail?

Is it possible that she has been using nail hardener for so long that they have become too hard? In my experience very hard nails are prone to shattering because they are brittle, and maybe they need a bit of moisture to make them a bit more supple. I'd recommend solar oil.

Her nails sound brittle - I would recommend she stop using the hardener, as this is only making the problem worse.

Her nails lack flexibility, so I would treat her nails to a warm oil manicure and advise her to use gloves when doing any housework.

Solar Oil is the perfect retail product - twice a day every day and she'll notice a huge improvement in her nails.

Is it possible that she has been using nail hardener for so long that they have become too hard? In my experience very hard nails are prone to shattering because they are brittle, and maybe they need a bit of moisture to make them a bit more supple. I'd recommend solar oil.
Yes this is what I old her and she has stopped. OPI do and oil too for nails and cuticles - I might also try this.

You should really only use nail hardeners for a short time rather than a long time as it can make the nails brittle as nail hardeners contain formaldehyde which is drying.. also advise her to use acetone free nail polish remover as this is also drying
Solar oil would be great to use 2-3 times a day :) x

Thanks All for great responses! I have advised her as such!

Latest posts

Back