Best type of hair? Bohyme/Russian/Remy etc.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ully

Reaction score
Which hair is the best type of hair to use (stick tipped), quality wise?

The only bohyme hair I can find online in UK is Celebrity Elite. I had a look for russian but didn't find much either - the sites didn't look very professional.

What do you lot think the best hair to go for is?

Only problem with Celeb Elite is that in the pics I've seen, the blonde hair which I would use looks very shiny, almost unnatural. I've not heard any one complaining about that though, heard mostly great things about Celeb Elite.

Any opinions on it? Every time I decide on hair to buy I find something else and I'm getting so indecisive.

Which hair is the best type of hair to use (stick tipped), quality wise?

The only bohyme hair I can find online in UK is Celebrity Elite. I had a look for russian but didn't find much either - the sites didn't look very professional.

What do you lot think the best hair to go for is?

Only problem with Celeb Elite is that in the pics I've seen, the blonde hair which I would use looks very shiny, almost unnatural. I've not heard any one complaining about that though, heard mostly great things about Celeb Elite.

Any opinions on it? Every time I decide on hair to buy I find something else and I'm getting so indecisive.

Hi, what about your hair extensionist ? ..... they may be better to advise the best hair for the method they use for your hair
or are you a professional hair extensionist already ? :confused: I am not too sure as you don't really say ?
but..... if you are a professional hair extensionist .... then what type of method are you using at the moment on your clients ?
so we can advise you some more
:) x minky

I would like to know this too............Im about to buy some more for my lovely daughter to put in for me (training in hairdressing), she did a fab set last time but the hair wasnt great...

Hi, what about your hair extensionist ? ..... they may be better to advise the best hair for the method they use for your hair
or are you a professional hair extensionist already ? :confused: I am not too sure as you don't really say ?
but..... if you are a professional hair extensionist .... then what type of method are you using at the moment on your clients ?
so we can advise you some more
:) x minky

Hi minky,

Sorry my post was a little vague. I'm not an extensionist but my friend is a hairdresser so she will be putting them in for me.

Have decided to go for shrinkies so just wondering what kind of stick tipped hair to go for. My friend fits Dome monofibre extensions and Balmain ones in work but she has warned me against the Balmain ones as the hair goes quite ratty quickly apparantly.

X

Hi, have pmd you both :hug: x minky

Hi,

In my experience the Balmain are ok. They have to just be cut about 2/3 inches after application. My clients Balmain last at least 6 monthe if not 9 in some cases. :)

For excellent quality hair I would use the following.

Celebrity Elite
www.celebrityelite.co.uk
You can purchase the 'shoelace tips' which work out more expensive than pretipping wefted hair yourself or if you can get someone to do it for you. The beauty of pretipping your own is that you can decide on the thickness of the 'shoelace tips'.

Tasha Jacks
www.tashajacks.com
The hair is beautiful and is sold in grams, they have just started to offer a pretipping service but not sure on the price of this.
Tasha Jack has been in the industry a long time and the hair is fantastic as I have pretipped this hair myself and installed it in a clients hair.

My other advice would be if your using shrinkies make sure you go for the adhesive lined shrinkies and not the plain ones.

If you want any futher info please just ask.

Minky, thanks for the PM! :hug: You are really helpful!

For excellent quality hair I would use the following.

Celebrity Elite
www.celebrityelite.co.uk
You can purchase the 'shoelace tips' which work out more expensive than pretipping wefted hair yourself or if you can get someone to do it for you. The beauty of pretipping your own is that you can decide on the thickness of the 'shoelace tips'.

Tasha Jacks
www.tashajacks.com
The hair is beautiful and is sold in grams, they have just started to offer a pretipping service but not sure on the price of this.
Tasha Jack has been in the industry a long time and the hair is fantastic as I have pretipped this hair myself and installed it in a clients hair.

My other advice would be if your using shrinkies make sure you go for the adhesive lined shrinkies and not the plain ones.

If you want any futher info please just ask.

How long does the hair from tashjacks last? I thought I had bought European clip ins before and the hair went horrid after just one wash - but then I read on the net that European hair is actually good hair, so I must have been conned ha!

I was going to go for the stick tipped Celebrity Elite hair - but in pics Ive seen the blonde hair looks too shiny? But I've not used it before so if you have what do you think? Also, do you know how thick the tips are on the pre-tipped hair?

I could pre-tip my own but how many strands would I need? My hair is thin and shoulder length. Do I use keratin or glue?

Do you know where I can buy adhesive lined shrinkies from? I bought a small pack just to test from connect-2-hair.com, but they didn't say if they were adhesive lined or not.

Sorry for all these questions :rolleyes: Just want to make sure I have everything right before I buy it all!

Hi, you are welcome :)

Minky, thanks for the PM! :hug: You are really helpful

How long does the hair from tashjacks last? If you buy the best european it should be be reusable for years

I thought I had bought European clip ins before and the hair went horrid after just one wash - but then I read on the net that European hair is actually good hair, so I must have been conned ha!

Unfortunately this happens all the time , it was probably turned silicone coated hair which can bunch up loop and matts once the coating wears off

I was going to go for the stick tipped Celebrity Elite hair - but in pics Ive seen the blonde hair looks too shiny? But I've not used it before so if you have what do you think? Also, do you know how thick the tips are on the pre-tipped hair?

I have never used this hair but I have heard this hair is good hair
I pre bond the hair myself with keratin bonds you can find bonding equipment on this link below ........

keratin Rebonds - £4.99 : Hair Doctor :: Hair Extension Company

I could pre-tip my own but how many strands would I need? My hair is thin and shoulder length. Do I use keratin or glue?

You would need about 100 grams of hair depending on how long you want it and how thick your own hair is but 100 grams of hair is usually enough
to make around 200 or so decent hair extensions

Do you know where I can buy adhesive lined shrinkies from? I bought a small pack just to test from connect-2-hair.com, but they didn't say if they were adhesive lined or not.

Have a look on here again , if not lancashire lass may know
keratin Rebonds - £4.99 : Hair Doctor :: Hair Extension Company

Sorry for all these questions :rolleyes: Just want to make sure I have everything right before I buy it all!

Good luck let us know how you get on ?
:hug: minky x

Thank you so much :green: x

Latest posts

Back