Best UV/LED lamp?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NailsbyTrina

Reaction score
I know it's a very frequently asked question, but the more i look into it the more i get confused! I've been doing Gel Polish for about a year now, i trained using OPI but as i don't charge top end prices i started using IBD Just Gel as it's far cheaper and find it really good quality! I don't want to pay the prices of the OPI lamp, looking for something around the £50 mark ideally. Can stretch to £100 if it is really worth it.. HELP PLEASE!!!! :eek::confused:

Following!
I want a cheaper lamp that I can use with Gel II but I haven't put a post up for it, in fear that someone would shoot me down (I only want it for personal use... but I'm fully qualified)
Hope someone can help us.

Hi ibd make a led called Little pink lamp they sell it in graftons

Hi, PM me as I sell LED lamps by a great brand at the prices you mentioned xx

Oohh, do they have a website do you know?!

Urbanspa will try to do it, find this site useful but so damn confusing! Lmao

I've seen the pink one by graftons on capital and other wholesalers. The thing I don't understand is how you know how long to cure different brands of gel with lamps that have different wattage/strength. (You might have guessed I don't do this for a living lol)

I've seen the pink one by graftons on capital and other wholesalers. The thing I don't understand is how you know how long to cure different brands of gel with lamps that have different wattage/strength. (You might have guessed I don't do this for a living lol)

Haha, on average it's 120secs for UV and 30secs for LED. That little pink one looks too small for what i'm after really! And could do with a timer on it too tbf!! It's like a minefield, just don't want to waste my money as my last one went out with a bang!! May just buy another cheap one for now and invest in a new one at the BeautyUK show!!

Thanks for that. Yeah i noticed that pink one didn't have a timer. I was searching through old threads on here about lamps and apparently it's a big 'no no' not to use the lamp that goes with the product you're using. Can cause under curing and over curing, which is impossible to detect by the naked eye.
Quite a few seem to get slated on here for not using the correct lamp, but then it seems loads are using CND lamp for Gel II which is an LED product and that's the lamp they sell with it.... so confused lol! Hope you find what you're looking for.

Thanks for that. Yeah i noticed that pink one didn't have a timer. I was searching through old threads on here about lamps and apparently it's a big 'no no' not to use the lamp that goes with the product you're using. Can cause under curing and over curing, which is impossible to detect by the naked eye.
Quite a few seem to get slated on here for not using the correct lamp, but then it seems loads are using CND lamp for Gel II which is an LED product and that's the lamp they sell with it.... so confused lol! Hope you find what you're looking for.

I know, but tbh gel polish i do on clients last 4+ weeks using a £10 from Amazon so surely that's doing it's job properly.. I use IBD gel polish and i'm as yet to find an IBD lamp anywhere! I've come to the conclusion i'm ordering a sensationail one. As far as i'm aware it's one that's available to the general public, but it seems to always have great reviews, has a timer etc and it's only £45! Can't really moan at that!! I only do gel a handful of times a week so pretty sure it'll do the job from the looks of the reviews!! Yeah alot of people seem to use the CND one, but i don't know what's so great about it after using one a friend borrowed me.. So confusing and i do it for a living!! Lmao

I'm one of the people getting slated on here - I find that most LED lamps will work well with most gels.... I've been researching this for some time now and all I can say is to try it, make sure you can get a refund if the lamp does not work for you on the products you need it to - and do not try on customers unless you have checked your insurance first!! Good luck

You need to be very careful here. Just because you THINK a lamp hardens your product doesn't mean it is curing it. Product will "appear" fully cured at the 50% mark. If you are undercuring, you are increasing the probability of overexposure risk to you and your client. Overexposure leads to permanent allergic reactions. For a tech, that could be the end of your career.

LED's cure product in the exact same way as UV lights do... with UV light! The challenge with UV light emitted from LED's is that their spectrum is significantly narrower (which can make it harder to get the right "match" between product and light) and their intensity (which can "shock cure" the coating).

You are always best to match your product with the light your manufacturer recommends.

Get informed here: https://www.facebook.com/DougSchoon.../1711772622381183/?type=1&fref=nf&pnref=story

HTHs!

You need to be very careful here. Just because you THINK a lamp hardens your product doesn't mean it is curing it. Product will "appear" fully cured at the 50% mark. If you are undercuring, you are increasing the probability of overexposure risk to you and your client. Overexposure leads to permanent allergic reactions. For a tech, that could be the end of your career.

LED's cure product in the exact same way as UV lights do... with UV light! The challenge with UV light emitted from LED's is that their spectrum is significantly narrower (which can make it harder to get the right "match" between product and light) and their intensity (which can "shock cure" the coating).

You are always best to match your product with the light your manufacturer recommends.

Get informed here: https://www.facebook.com/DougSchoon.../1711772622381183/?type=1&fref=nf&pnref=story

HTHs!

I am yet to find somewhere that stocks and IBD lamp that's a legit stockist?! I don't understand if we can't purchase the lamp of the same brand then what else is there to do? If it's wearing for 4+ weeks without a chip then surely that's cured correctly? I trained with OPI Gel Color and they didn't express any of these issues.

I'm one of the people getting slated on here - I find that most LED lamps will work well with most gels.... I've been researching this for some time now and all I can say is to try it, make sure you can get a refund if the lamp does not work for you on the products you need it to - and do not try on customers unless you have checked your insurance first!! Good luck

Well IBD does state it's both LED & UV curable! I've been doing it just a little over a year now, and have never had problems as of yet. I just wanted to find a decent lamp that doesn't cost the Earth. Thankyou!

IBD have discontinues their lamps. I too was looking (for weeks). Graftons confirmed this through email.
They also stated that you can use ANY 36w UV lamp!

I think the top 2 lamps are
1. CND UV lamp
2. Dashing Diva LED light pod

The dashing diva will cure pretty much anything LED cured and will fit in your pocket!

The CND lamp will cure anything and everything, and had been tested and confirmed suitable by many manufacturers due to it been such a popular lamp. The CND lamp is probably the most used lamp people have for curing any brand gel product!
:)

Latest posts

Back