Best wax for Brazilian/Hollywood

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louna78

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am struggling to find a good hot wax for Brazilian or Hollywood.
I need a wax that dries quickly and easy to peel off.
I am using Norma de Durville for myself but it is too expensive to order it here.
Many thanks

There are loads of great brands. Everyone has their favourites. You need to take advantage of the Black Friday deals and order a few different brands and see which ones you get on with.

WaxU is great and Notingham based - it's best to do their training though to get the best performance. The product is expensive but you can learn to be very speedy. You can buy direct or through Salons Direct. It dries instantly

Outback Organics is available through Ellsons as well as direct and through Essential Beauty which is the sister company of OO. Essential beauty offer several other wax brands as well as their own. Outback Organics have lots of hot wax formulations for intimate waxing - gold, opal and onyx. They dry in 15-30 seconds. Again training will help you get the best performance and allow you to try several products. I find Outbacks very economical in use and the brand meets my ethical criteria so that's my preferred brand.

There are loads of great brands. Everyone has their favourites. You need to take advantage of the Black Friday deals and order a few different brands and see which ones you get on with.

WaxU is great and Notingham based - it's best to do their training though to get the best performance. The product is expensive but you can learn to be very speedy. You can buy direct or through Salons Direct. It dries instantly

Outback Organics is available through Ellsons as well as direct and through Essential Beauty which is the sister company of OO. Essential beauty offer several other wax brands as well as their own. Outback Organics have lots of hot wax formulations for intimate waxing - gold, opal and onyx. They dry in 15-30 seconds. Again training will help you get the best performance and allow you to try several products. I find Outbacks very economical in use and the brand meets my ethical criteria so that's my preferred brand.
Thank you for your reply.
I heard good review on Outbacks, definitely worth a try.
I do agree, it is good to try a few brand in order to find one that is best suited.
Also can I ask what do you use to do Hollywood wax? I work part time in a salon and they use wax with strips. Hot wax is available if needed but it isn’t very good. I find it really tricky to wax it all of with strips, not to mention painful for the client.

I use a mixture of strip and hot wax for Hollywoods.

You can do a good intimate wax with strips but you must support the skin properly. The old fashioned way is to keep the knickers on and pull to each side, this really helps with supporting the skin. Also you have to train your clients to support their skin. If clients are used to strip wax it's ok - although in my experience of gaining clients from other salons, a lot of snapping occurs. I've had clients come to me who have never had their pubic hair removed from the roots before - they can't believe how much more long lasting my results are.

I'm a bit out of practise with strip wax around the labia tbh and I dont like to put too much strain on my wrists and thumbs, so I always hot wax in the g-string area. I use strip wax around the outside of an imaginary g-string, if that makes sense.

Have a look on Instagram and you tube for waxing videos. The outback Organics videos demonstrate the properies of thei wax rather than give you technique tips.

I use a mixture of strip and hot wax for Hollywoods.

You can do a good intimate wax with strips but you must support the skin properly. The old fashioned way is to keep the knickers on and pull to each side, this really helps with supporting the skin. Also you have to train your clients to support their skin. If clients are used to strip wax it's ok - although in my experience of gaining clients from other salons, a lot of snapping occurs. I've had clients come to me who have never had their pubic hair removed from the roots before - they can't believe how much more long lasting my results are.

I'm a bit out of practise with strip wax around the labia tbh and I dont like to put too much strain on my wrists and thumbs, so I always hot wax in the g-string area. I use strip wax around the outside of an imaginary g-string, if that makes sense.

Have a look on Instagram and you tube for waxing videos. The outback Organics videos demonstrate the properies of thei wax rather than give you technique tips.
Thank you for all your tips, I will carry on using both waxes for Hollywood.
Hopefully when I set up on my own I can choose my own hot wax

I have tried so many hot waxes over the past few months. My favourites are Kim Lawless and Gold Outback Organics (I haven’t tried their Opal yet). I also like Wax Expert Blue as it’s Rosin Free and I do have a client allergic to plasters who did react to my other wax but not the Wax Expert. But as already said, what one person loves, you might not so give them all a try. I still haven’t tried some as there’s so many.

I have tried so many hot waxes over the past few months. My favourites are Kim Lawless and Gold Outback Organics (I haven’t tried their Opal yet). I also like Wax Expert Blue as it’s Rosin Free and I do have a client allergic to plasters who did react to my other wax but not the Wax Expert. But as already said, what one person loves, you might not so give them all a try. I still haven’t tried some as there’s so many.
Thanks for your reply.
I would love to try the wax expert blue, Outback Organics sounds good too, it’s a shame I can’t get samples of them all lol

Perron Rigot waxes Euroblonde & Intimate4 are amazing, also Kim Lawless hot wax.

Latest posts

Back